Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't ask why I was watching daytime Television, but somehow I was. On this one show, the hosts took turns at saying interesting fact (or, what they thought would be interesting). But teh one that actually had any relevance was this one:

Isn't it irritating when you type a whole segment of text only to find out that the Caps Lock key has been on the whole time? You have to retype your whole message again. Grumblegrumblegrumble. *adopts Infomercial voice* BUT, now they can be a thing of the past *turns of Infomercial voice*, by highlighting the offending text and subsequently pressing Shift+F3.

It works, just the internet isn't so Fab on it, F3, being the search function. But if you're typing an email, you could just copy it into Word, then de-capitalise it, before copying the New Improved Version back into your page.

So now you know.

-AFG

·
I suck... Maiden neck...
836 Posts
Or you could type while looking at the screen;Y

No, it's a good tip for those who can't type without looking! Thanks on behalf of my not-so-1337-friends.:D

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Ive just been doing little playing with this, and have discovered that it can also puntuate capital letters for you. So, if you are one of these people who typws without using capitals at the start of sentances then your problems are also solved!

Example:

Type:

hello. my name is phoenix. i play tomb kings.

-> Shift + F3 =>

Hello. My name is phoenix. I play tomb kings.

-> Shift + F3 =>

HELLO. MY NAME IS PHOENIX. I PLAY TOMB KINGS.

-> Shift + F3 => back to top.

Unfortunately it doesnt sort out the rest of your punctuation though. Ill work on that ;)

·
1,065 Posts
and why would this possibly be any help to me?

I LOVE THE CAPS LOCKS KEY! ITS THE GREATEST INVENTION SINCE THE COMMA. WHO WOULD EVER WANT TO GET RID OF THIS LOVELY STUPPENDOUS FORMAT OF TEXT?

(lol);)

·
señor brushman!
1,434 Posts
Or you could type while looking at the screen
what if you're typing while copying something? 0:

but yeah usually you should be looking at the screen...

interesting little function, maybe i'll try it out sometime if i ever feel like not being lazy.

·
King of France
737 Posts
i ALWAYS LOOK AT THE SCREEN WHEN i WRITE, THIS FUNCTION IS USELESS TO ME, oh crap, how'd that work again?

OOGA WEE BOOGA WE WOO! huh? it's not working, my ooga is still an OOGA!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.