Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

since GW has vastly cut down the stock of old oop models that u can order from the site, i was wandering if anyone knows any other sites where u can buy these old models, apart from ebay.

Alternatively, if anyone has any 2nd ed ork runtherds (or any other 2nd ed orks) lying around that are in resonable condition i would be more than happy to take them off your hands, for a fee of course!!!

Cheers in advance,
Zezza

·
....coookies...
1,753 Posts
My understanding

My understanding was that they were clearing out their old stock. If there is something specific that you are after then you should telephone GW Mailorder to see if they have it in stock. You have every right to worry about the old saying that "once it's gone it's gone" though.

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
My understanding was that they were clearing out their old stock. If there is something specific that you are after then you should telephone GW Mailorder to see if they have it in stock. You have every right to worry about the old saying that "once it's gone it's gone" though.
I can understand that GW is selling it's stock that never sells, it's still a shame that all those great old models are now lost.

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
Its a shame, because I love all the old minis, but I can see why they are doing it- they should set up a sister company, or sell the moulds or something, of the old ones so you can still get them.

I had a load of old metal Orks- probably Rogue trader days rather than 2nd ed. which i sold on ebay a year or so ago- i still have the old Ghazgull Thraka model if your interested?

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
There is only one answer for this.

eBay.
Well, it is an answer, but a rather incomplete answer, as you are really dependent on what other people selling, where as before you could just buy from GW exactly what you wanted.

·
709 Posts
Hi guys,

since GW has vastly cut down the stock of old oop models that u can order from the site, i was wandering if anyone knows any other sites where u can buy these old models, apart from ebay.

Alternatively, if anyone has any 2nd ed ork runtherds (or any other 2nd ed orks) lying around that are in resonable condition i would be more than happy to take them off your hands, for a fee of course!!!

Cheers in advance,
Zezza
GW is cutting out some of their stock, but not all. They're restructuring their entire mail order website. They said in their webway email that many things will be taken off the site for awhile, but put back up at a later date. I would worry too much, many of these models aren't "gone", they're just not visible on the website for now.

On to your second question, runtherds are hard to find (as well as most 2nd ed anything). Your best bet is by far to go on ebay or canvas forums like this to see if anyone is selling. Chances are high that someone on ebay will put up some old orks for sale in the next few months.

The way you worded that post, it sounds like you'll take my runtherds if I pay you ;)

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
Yes GW is cutting the stock and eBay is one answer... but be careful with the prices in there as everyone is asking for certain amount of money sometimes unrealistic! The other option is to phone GW! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.