Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello. I want to get stuck in with my boyz again after a brief flirt with the Imperial Guard.
So what should I add to my warband (roughly 800 points now) to get it up to 1250 points give or take? And what should I improve and change?

So far I have:
Warboss with Powerklaw. bosspole and Twin-linked shoota.
A nobz mob consisting of 8 nobz. One nob has a powerklaw. (I feel I need more powerklaws here! But I don't have any!)
Two groups of Boyz of about 20 boyz each. One group have shootas and one choppa/slugga combo. Both are led by nobz with Powerklaw and bosspole.
One Battlewagon with 4 big shootas. Which group should ride in it? The Nobz? Slugga boyz? Shoota boyz? Would it benefit with a kannon and/or Deffrolla?
I also have three deffkoptas with twin-linked Rokkit Launchas from the Black Reach set. Not really that fond of these. Scrap 'em for bitz?

I thought about adding a Mek with Kustom force field, a mob of grots and a trukk. Good idea?

So what should I add? Any pointers and tips are much appreciated!

·
Registered
346 Posts
- Big Mek with KFF
- Boyz
- Trukks
- Lootas

And your question about what should ride in the battlewagon, i would put the Nobz in there, they need the protection.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.
The Mek has been on my list of things to get for some time. That KFF seems yummy.
The Nobz have been riding in the Battlewagon so far. Just seems like a bit of a waste of it's big transport capacity!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Shoota boyz are a great riders for a Battlewagon, and the battlewagon should probably have a Deffrolla. But if it does have a deffrolla then it should have some close combat units in it like the nobs or slugga/choppa boyz. Definitly Big mek with KFF, divide one mob of boyz into two squads of ten and place in trukks. I find that Bikers are a great asset to any Speed army.

·
340 Posts
The Core of Any and ALL Ork armies revolve around a few basic Infantry and Transports.

--All the AOBR stuff, including Deffkoptas
--Trukks
--Battlewagons
--Slugga Boyz
--Big Mek w. KFF
--Lootas
--Shoota Boyz
--Nobz
--Warbikers/Nob Bikers (which can be konverted from Deffkoptas)
--and finally, More Boyz

Did I mention Boyz? The best to get more of those is by getting more AOBR Boyz via trading or find cheap auctions of the AOBR Boyz.

Of course you'll also want to get some PK's, which you can either buy individually, or Konvert and Kustomize your own. There are lots of ways to do this, including using Blades/weapons from other models (including regular AOBR Boyz).

Just to add a little variety and flavor, you may eventually want to try to purchase or Kustom-make your own of the following choices.

--Gretchin (great lil' Cheap objective holders)
--Kommandos w/ Snikrot (Boyz with camo and/or stikkbombs)
--Stormboyz (just add Rokkits)
--Killa Kanz
--Warbuggies
--Anything else in the Ork Codex.

The least useful units, according to most, are probably Zagstruk, Flash Gitz and Tankbustas, though I've been tempted to konvert and try them just for fun.

·
Registered
204 Posts
for the whole where to go, i'm sorry i'm not much help. But i do have a link that has a custom tutorial to use extra bits to make power klaw's but it's from another forum. I don't believe that is allowed? Or is it? Can a mod please answer if i can put the tutorial link in here if it's from another sight or can i PM it too him?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.