Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently very in love with the idea of randomly combining parts from FB and 40k parts to essentially end up with a army of orks with swords and guns, and their grotlings essentially just goblins...

Is that feasible? And if I do this, can I use the minis for both FB and 40 k? If not, just 40k? :p

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
You can mix and match them as you want. I'm a huge fan of the fantasy butcher style choppa from the fantasy range. i've always felt the 40K choppas aren't orky enough. If you do mix and match, you should model them on the round base instead of the squad regiment base. Fantasy orcs are perfect for the 40K feral ork army, and perfect to represent Kommando's as they have less armor. I have a Black orc as my Ard boy Nob. The grimgor and borgut models would also be nice for Nob's in eavy armor.

·
575 Posts
Of course you can do it :yes:

It's even suggested in the codex :w00t:

The part where they show some Snakebites (should be around page 23)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking of mixing nobz and Black Ork boyz to get some scarz. :p

I'm sorta waiting for the new codex though. I'm worried I might end up hating orks when that's out. :p

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
yeah, mixing is a great idea, just keep them to round bases though, square.. bases will not fit, its to "square" hah.

So far i'd say the only thing I could think of is boys parts swapping or gobbos, oh man makes the perfect.. someone can mass so much hah.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blah, while I desperately want to start, I think I'm going to play it safe and wait for the new codex. Till then, I'll just play around with my sister's nids and think of ideas....

Like Ogre bulls bodies with orc heads... A butcher would work great for a doc. XD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts