Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
is coming out to play
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well all these polls I thought I would put one up on which codex needed the most. In my opinion it would be the Dark Eldar these guys have just pretty near ancient codex.
Please no arguing or I will ask for this to be closed
Well sorry guys this was ment to be a pole but internet wouldn't load Lo so it got caught like this. I guess we can do this without a pole then. Unless a mod is able to alter this to a pole cause I am unable.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I agree the Dark Eldar codex is really getting old. Hopefully i'll be finished with my chaos list by the time it comes out so I can start a Dark Eldar one.
Though unless the new codex Deamonica changes the trend on deamons as a species the Deamon Hunters may need a Psycic Power update.

·
I am a free man!
4,941 Posts
If it wasn't for the severe age -- and horrible models! -- of the Dark Eldar, I think the Daemonhunters would have to be considered first in line. The codex literally has broken rules in it, and the latest printings of the 'dex have at least one explit conflict with the official FAQ -- which is older than the 'dex itself!

But yeah, DE need the love first.

But the DH better be hot on the heels of the daemonic codex! The enemies of the DH both get updated within a 12-month period. It'd be shameful to not update their adversaries appropriately in a reasonable amount of time following that.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I really was just thinking about this they day before this thread was posted.
Reading through my DE codex and looking at the big 'Second Edition' stamped on the front.
I mean 2nd come on 5th Edition rules will be out soon thats just sad.

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
Actually, that means its the second printing of the 3rd edition rules, not second edition rules.

I'd love to see an =][= codex, as for before or After DE, I think it'll likely happen before as theres more people in DH/WH and some more to play AH then DE alone.

Mike
Which in part is due to the lack of model range and support available for Dark Eldar - =][= armies allow a lot more variation and can draw models from several different ranges, whereas the poor old dark eldar are stuck with what they have - which isn't much. A new model range and codex will do a lot to boost DE.
So, I guess my vote goes with DE8Y

·
Registered
46 Posts
Maybe the interest that will be created in the DE by the new DoW expansion will pressure GW to give them something new. Anything new, really. To be honest, the Codex is okay. They just need new models. Badly.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Without doubt Dark Eldar. In my opinion as one who doesn't play anything other than Eldar, the DE Codex NEEDS to be updated. other things would be better for the update, but the DE codex is in dire need of being brought into line with 4th Ed.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I really was just thinking about this they day before this thread was posted.
Reading through my DE codex and looking at the big 'Second Edition' stamped on the front.
I mean 2nd come on 5th Edition rules will be out soon thats just sad.
If thats the most recent one, that was 2003 that was released, so not quite the "decade" Imperialis_Dominatus mentioned, they haven't even been around that long, but its still a damn old book.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If thats the most recent one, that was 2003 that was released, so not quite the "decade" Imperialis_Dominatus mentioned, they haven't even been around that long, but its still a damn old book.
i have to agree, there are some bits in the codex that need bringing up to scratch, it would be nice for a couple of new models as well :) the DA codex is way over due for a re-vamp

·
is coming out to play
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i have to agree, there are some bits in the codex that need bringing up to scratch, it would be nice for a couple of new models as well :) the DA codex is way over due for a re-vamp
They just had a new one like a year ago.

·
Nightlord
1,795 Posts
They just had a new one like a year ago.
Wasn't it just an old model that they repackaged?

Yeah, Dark elves need an update. If they get as shafted as it sounds IG will need one too. I would also like to see one for the inquisition armies, but I doubt if it will ever happen.

·
Lord of Purple
933 Posts
Well, everyone knows the Dark Eldar one seriously needs an update, but I agree with frozen for second needed. Both Inquisition Codexi (What is the plural of this anyway :?) could do with a tweak, and everyone is still waiting on the Ordo Xenos...

·
Has a monkey!
1,630 Posts
Well, everyone knows the Dark Eldar one seriously needs an update, but I agree with frozen for second needed. Both Inquisition Codexi (What is the plural of this anyway :?) could do with a tweak, and everyone is still waiting on the Ordo Xenos...
Codices. The word is Codices. :p

And yeah, the Ordo Xenos are long overdue!

·
Watcher In The Sky
1,083 Posts
Hmm, must have missed one, the Dark Eldar codex I know of was out when I started playing, Which was nine and a half years ago (or thereabouts).

EDIT: Nope, It was not released in 2003, or if it was they didnt change the cover art. The one on the GW store is still (or at least still looks like) the decade old one.

·
The Biker Marine
1,618 Posts
Dark Eldar (we all know that), Daemon Hunters (they can't deal with new Chaos Dex), Space Marines (Nerf them - LOL), Space Wolves (save the puppies), Necrons (minor tweaks). In that order 8X

1 - 19 of 19 Posts