Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 28.6%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I'm one model purchase away from being done with magic heavy High Elves and I wanted to pick a different army that's sort of the opposite side of the spectrum, maybe you guys can help me out.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well you've not got them up on the voting but if you waned to go for the army thats most different from a magic heavy HE army you just have to go for Dwarfs. Forget the magic phase completely.

Of course if you're talking aesthetics instead of gaming then I think Chaos Nurgle are about as far removed from the proud and elegant HE as you can get.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
I put my vote in for Beastmen. And not just because i 'play' them...

HE, small elite army, magic heavy.

From your list above:
Khorne Hordes. If you do this fluffily it is totally no magic, but there is the option of taking casters. Still, most of the units are small and elite, if not a lot more hard hitting than Elves.

Nurgle HoC id just say avoid naturally...

Ogres, much like HE without the magic. Small units, hard hitting but easily outnumbered and beaten.

Brets i have had experiance playing,a nd found them a little dull in both Painting and Playing aspects. That is a personal opinion only ofcourse. Knights are prett one trick units, but you do have the option for a Pesant Horde. Can be built around magic, but often not.

Now, i voted for beasts as they are a Horde ish army. Lots of troops, not individually good in combat but en masse they work beautifully. Low Ld provides a good challenge, and having access to the HoC book for units too i think they would be your best bet for a wide range of unit selection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.