Librarium Online Forums banner

what army should i chose for about 500 to 750 points

• strigoi based army with only ghouls and creatures

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • luthor harkon and his band of zombie pirate(have a good idea for harkon)

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • lizardmen( idea for skink priest)

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • dark elf cult of slaanesh ( only cause i already have dark elfs and i am cheap)

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • these are all dumb ideas and you should chose....

Votes: 4 11.4%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey all i have now lowered my selection to 4 choices as listed above and i was wondering what would be a army for someone who likes fluff ,converting their characters and have cool characters

·
Registered
60 Posts
From the armies listed I would choose the Lizardmen army.

I am biased as that is the army I want to start next :)

What's your idea for the priest?

Lanny May

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well its kined of dum but its a priest riding the scared serpent of tepok the quatza or something repreasent by cloak of feathers or the item that give him flight

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
I'm sorry, I haven't voted as I don't know enough about all of the choices to adequately comment. But, from what I do know...

A Strigoi army composed of ghouls and creatures would be a very fluffy army, and you would certainly get some powerful characters (there's not much that can stand toe-to-toe with a Vampire). However, at low point levels, Vampires can quickly eat up your points so you have to be careful with what you pick to get a balanced army.

I know next to nothing about Luthor Harkon and his cronies, but I kind of remember them being pretty cool. Pirates and Zombies... not much can top that (unless they were ninjas as well, or lead by Chuck Norris)

Lizardmen and Dark Elves are both pretty cool armies, but I don't know much about them. Hopefully someone else can tell you of their merits.

One thing to consider may be that Vampire counts are getting a re-vamp (I should really just say update in order to avoid potentially lame puns, shouldn't I?) soon; I'm pretty sure you know about this, but it might be something to consider - if you dive into Vampire Counts now, you might find yourself having to rework your army when the update comes through. Or, you might like the fact that you wind up with a stack of new miniatures and rules. So that point can be a pro or a con, whichever way you want to look at it.

Something else you might like to think about it 'Where is the army going?' Once you have your 500 or 750 points, is that it? Or do you have a grand plan which involves filling your army with hordes of troops, or massive monsters, or powerful magic.... Have another look at your options presented above, what is available for that army (the GW online store is a good research tool for this) and what you want to get out of it. It might help you decide as well.

Sorry, this is a fair bit longer than what I meant to write, but I'm trying to be helpful here! And helpfulness is proportional to word count!

Enjoy, and good luck choosing your army.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
k well luthor harkon is a vampire lord of unknown orgin he was found by a group of raider traveling to close to lustria on arivel the crew had been turned to zombies. luthor took the zombies and lead my though lustria iin search of slann treasure. coming acrossed a temple he try to break in to its vault but fail because it was protected by a magical glyph. the glyph strip his powers and turn him mad. but he did manage to recover the treasure. because of the gold harkon had magical reastance and could still raise zombies but now they learn how to use weapons harkon him selfweild a brace of pistol and a cutlass .

also may conversion idea is to use the new vald model but change his left hand holding a pistol his sword to a cutlass and put some nice stole artifacts. another thing what would you change his bear cap thing, scales?

as for the points of vampires its just another bonus for me because i dont have alot of money right now so its all good

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
also may conversion idea is to use the new vald model but change his left hand holding a pistol his sword to a cutlass and put some nice stole artifacts. another thing what would you change his bear cap thing, scales?
Scales could work; some sort of lizard-skin cloak. But it could just as easily be the pelt of some jungle creature, like a tiger or lepord or something. Would that be considered an 'artefact' (which of course could then be stolen) in the jungles of Lustria?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i do see why not like maybe like cloak of the jaguar god or something it could work and would be much easyer , nice idea

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you would go for the strigoi army you have to keep in mind that by march te vampire counts will be renewed and that all rules for the vampire blood lines (inluding strigoi) become obsolete.
if it's only about the fluff however than I don't think there's a real problem creating a strigoi army

grtz

nemo

·
Registered
31 Posts
Most of the choices are heavy in points for for a small army size. The Vampires are pricey characters that will leave with very little in troop numbers. Albeit the zombies are really cheap. Dark elves are all pricey, right from their lowliest warrior.
Lizardmen would be the ones I'd advise. You can get into skinks cheaply and still get a few hard-hitters with the saurus.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.