Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Chosen Squad 1:
Chosen Terminators: 405
-AC: Chainfist, Demonic Mutation
-x6: Lightning Claws
-x1 Chainfists

Chosen squad 2:
Khorne Chosen Champions: 438
8x AC(1 free AC upgrade for sacred number): Demonic Talons, Demonic Flight, Feel no Pain, Furious Charge, Frag Grenades (because Furious Charge makes them monsters)

I'm in a pickle. I'm looking to putting in a squad of Chosen in my World Eaters army. But I'm not sure what one to add.

Orriginaly, I was going to add Terminators, but their inability to sweeping advance will leave them out in the open. Theirs also getting them to combat. I could walk them and have them be shot at, or deepstrike them and have them be rapid fired at.

Then I started thinking. I wanted to add a squad of possessed (for talons), but I also wanted a fast unit. So I came up with the second squad.

Which one is better?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Definitely the second one - I'm not a big fan of using terminators in a World Eaters army; mostly because they can't wield Khornate Chainaxes. I'm also a huge fan of Talons - I like to think of them as assault cannons for CC.

In fact, I think you've designed my chosen squad for me - thanks!~

·
389 Posts
I agree with shoottokill, the second squad seems best. They have a lot more flexibility.

shoottokill said:
not a big fan of using terminators in a World Eaters army; mostly because they can't wield Khornate Chainaxes.
I don't get this. Why would terminators even wan't chainaxes? Powerweapons are better any day of the week. Anyway, just like you I am not a big fan of terminators in a WE army, they are only slightly better than berzerkers, but much more expensive (nearly twice the price).

Arizzar

·
Registered
207 Posts
Chainaxes rule is all. I love mowing down SM Terminator after SM Terminator with my basic troop type. It's good fun! I'd actually forgetten that power weapons existed.

Now a good chainfisting, aye! that's the stuff!

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
The second one mostly definitely. Talons will be nuts, especially with flight.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Well despite what some people have posted the second squad doesn't have chain axes, since it has talons.

Does the first squad also have the mark of khorne?

Remember that you only get the free AC for the magic number when you are playing an all Khorne list(speciifically World Eaters.)

Honestly I think the 2nd squad is too pricey. It will own in hth, but against a smart opponent, they will shred 1-2 squads and then get caught out in the open and shot up badly. I may be just me, but when my average unit cost is 50+ plus, I want to have the best save possible and power armour just won't cut it. Admittedly, with furious charge and talons, they'll likely kill most things in hth before they can strike back, but against shootng they are no tougher than your average CSM. Except your average CSM doesn't cost over 50pts a model.

If the first squad has the mark, remember to buy them the TOBB. If that was the case, I'd go with the first squad, but I'd save some points by dropping out the lightning claws. They come with power weapons already, and being too good in hth, just makes sure that you wipe out your opponents squads too quickly. leaving you in the open to get shot at. Ideally you want to be winning on their hth phase so you can move again in yours. With the points you save getting rid of lightning claws, you can always buy furious charge again.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1) Terminators can't take ToBB
2) I said World Eaters army. Therefore everything has the mark of Khorne. :p

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Soviet_Tau_Commander said:
1) Terminators can't take ToBB
2) I said World Eaters army. Therefore everything has the mark of Khorne. :p
1. Wow. I never looked for the asterix. My mistake. Thanks.

2. Yeah, but I didn't do the math to check to see if you'd got the free AC for the terminators.

Either way, I'd still go for Terminators.

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
I think people take terminators to lightly, THEY tear things up, not the other way around. Only group that can actually "shred them up" are Eldar and their cheesy ap 2 weapons and the stupid Banshees. Talk about pre-tailor weapons for killing Marines...

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I'll probably end up going with the second squad. Mainly because it's going to be cheaper to buy 8 raptor jump packs then 2 boxes of Terminators.

In the future though I plan to get the Terminators for the sake of having them (for big games only unless they turn out to be golden.)

·
The Demagogue
485 Posts
Just a quick question regarding talons, can they be used in conjunction with like demonic venom?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
No. The two are mutally exclusive.

If you have one you cannot take the other.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Unfortunatly, the Chosen did not do as well as I had hoped they would whne I play tested the army last night.

And aparantly, the +1 toughness granted from Demonic Stature does not add to the instant death threshold.

So I've opted to drop my chosen, and my DP in favor of more Bezerkers, a CC Dread with Mutrated Hull and a basic LT.

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
And aparantly, the +1 toughness granted from Demonic Stature does not add to the instant death threshold
Someone pulled your leg on this one. It does count as T5 for insta killing. Sorry youdidn't know. It's written here and there in the bocks. I'll find a page for you tonight if you'll need something so shove in the opponents face.

I

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Andusciassus said:
Someone pulled your leg on this one. It does count as T5 for insta killing. Sorry youdidn't know. It's written here and there in the bocks. I'll find a page for you tonight if you'll need something so shove in the opponents face.

I

As Andusciassus has stated it is one of the few examples where a modified toughness does count against instant death. The other example is on tau crisis armour I believe.

·
LO's unofficial Jester
2,900 Posts
The trade off is of course that you are a monstrous target so you can be shot more easily. But Deamonic Stature is essentially making you a Greater Deamon with all the benifits that come with that.

·
I hate Ultramarines
1,297 Posts
I had a 400 point terminator squad, only 5 models lol. Anyway, everytime i have used them they have made back atleast double their basic cost. As soon as they hit CC they just maul everything.

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
Reaper Autocannons are are mint too especially with you drop behind enemy units, with 6 man sqaud, 4 str7 re-rollable shots and either 4 24inch shots or 8 rapid fire shots, also re-rollable. Termies don't have to be limited to CC.

·
Registered
130 Posts
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

ahh this wouldve been a perfect time for me to mention one of the projects i wanted to try!!!

well, for the second terminators, buy the terminators, then get some real wings from fantasy!!!

it would look much more like Daemonic flight!

w/e

just making some modeling suggestions

·
Registered
105 Posts
Terminators cant take deamonic flight?!

I coulda sworn they didint...

W/E Have you tried a 10 man squad of possessed running around with deamonic talons in a supped-up rhino? or better yet a land raider so they can assult out of the front (under the new rules) i tried it once workes very well when your opponnent is expecting terminators and a bunch of "rending" CSM walk out and tear they beloved squad to peices?

Its kinda fun..

Or Chaos raptors bolting into a squad just to summon chaos furies into the fray using a personal icon?

just some of my fun stuff to do

1 - 20 of 21 Posts