Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grey Knights, Inquisitor retinue, grey knights terminatore, Inqusitors of Ordr Mallus, familiars, heirophant, acolyte...what have you got and why?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I only have the codex, just for the fluff and to see what they can do. I have absolutely no intention to play them (I'm Chaos after all)!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have an old skool inquisitor and when i got my hands on the DH codex i was glad i could use him again.

An inquisitor with a psicannon and terminator armour, leading a shooty squad worked wonders for me.

The psicannon can be used as assult OR heavy 3, since you have terminator armour you can move and STILL shoot heavy3. By chance is the inquisitor BS:5+?? I'm wondering if its a 2+ to hit with those three wonderful psicannon rounds.

For you, as a sisters player maybe this is your chance to get your hands on some termy armour for once perhaps? just a thought.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I think normally an inquisitor is BS 4, but a Sage henchman improves it by +1, so you might want to get some henchmen, they all give him some bonuses (in stats or special abilities).

·
Registered
581 Posts
I've been thinking about maybe getting a squad of terminators and a teleport Grey Knights squad. That way I can have both of the Grey Knights squads deep strike and in missions which allow deep strike also have my own terminators led by my captain and librarian deep strike. :twisted:

·
Registered
290 Posts
hehe, i just noticed the title of this thread: which deamonhunters

sounds an awful lot like :witch deamonhunters

yeah, you can tell how much of a stretch that is and how slow my day has been...

·
Registered
581 Posts
yeah, you can tell how much of a stretch that is and how slow my day has been...
You need a hobby...perhaps a wargame of some sort...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im using two ordinary 5 man squads in a space marine army they count as troops but i think of them as elites cause i dont like terminators they get killed too easily. Whereas grey knights are really good value for 25pts when you consider thats how much an assualt marine costs and all he can do is move an extra 6 inches while they get lots of cool stuff.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just wish I could use a purgation squad with my marines, that would be really cool vs non-power armored armies! I'm painting up a basic squad, and I'm going to do a terminator squad as well. After that some deathwatch marines, just because they have sooooo many cool options!

·
Registered
581 Posts
You guys like to take psicannons or flamers (incinerators I believe they're called...)?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I think if I'd ever take a Daemon Hunters army (highly unlikely), I'd take a radical one, with a few units from inducted IG (2 platoons, sentinel squadron). And of course as elites: Assassin (probably Callidus), Death Cult Assassins, and Daemonhosts, with Inquisitor Lord as HQ, troops the IG 2 platoons and some squads of inquisitorial Storm Troopers with rhinos, fast attack... hmm a sentinel squadron I guess, heavy support Orbital thingy (something big) and a LMMBT.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am using a core inquisitor force with a detachment of vanilla space marines. I have three inquisitors to choose from- an oop model in term. armor with a psycannon, a converted sob, and a converted imperial preacher... as for their retenue I am using models from other gaming ranges.. for instance the fantasy battle vampire counts assasin model makes a nice sage, empire flagellants as hierophants and so on. The retenue is the best place for conversions in the army. Because of the different types of henchmen one can have vast choices of models to convert and include. I have converted thus far- 2 servo skulls, one familiar/cherub, one commissar/ig vet, 2 ig vets as gun servitors, one mordheim nun lady for an acolyte, one necromunda malcadon spyrer as an arco flagellant (close combat servitor), and im sure there will be more.

Using the space marines as part of the force keeps it tactically flexible to suit many situations. Keep in mind when using marines as allies you are somewhat limited in your selections from codex marines and you have to take stormtroopers as your compulsory troops.

The deamonhosts are really nasty. I will use them more often than I thought. They can hold up opposing squads for a long time in hth and kill most things easily.

My biggest problem is the lack of fast attack in the army which is made up for with troop transports.

As a whole I really like the army. In my opinion it reflects the gothic style of 40k better than any other army. There are many different ways to play a deamonhunters list which keeps it from becomming stale. They also will be easy to add on to since they include two other armies as their main force.

As for grey knights: I have one squad which I havent used since they cant be fielded alongside other marine chapters.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have a pure Grey Knight Daemonhunter army, and it has performed well so far, despite my lack of a variety of miniatures to use (no vehicles, only 1 terminator squad, no heavy weapons except for 1 or two models for inquisitor henchmen).

One thing I have found is that without taking IG (can't take SM) a pure GK army has no non-vehicle heavy weapons. By heavy, I mean vehicle killing. The GK "purgation" squad only gets incinertors (slightly better flamers) or psycannons. Psycannons are only S 6, AP4, heavy/assault 3. They are nice versus troops since they can move and still fire and get 3 dice (just shorter range). The only way to get anti-vehicle weapons is dreadnoughts, orbital strikes, and land raiders.

Speaking of purgation squads.. I heard from my local GW store that they are finally coming out with blisters of GK in power armor with incinerators and psycannons in mid-May. So.. we will be able to actually field GK purgation squads consisting of GK in power armor w/psycannons.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got a Puritan Inquisitor Force contaiin the following:

Inquisitor Lord with retinue of 2 Sages, 1 Hierophant, 1 Gun Servitor with Multi-Melta (I'm thinking of changing him to a IG Vet with Plasma Gun), 1 Acolyte with Plasma Pistol, 1 Astropath, 1 Cherubim and 2 Servo-Skulls. This squad is mounted in a Land Raider.

2 Death Cult Assassins

5 Grey Knight Terminators with Incinerator/Psycannon depending on who I play

10 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers with Vet. and two Plasma Guns

10 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers with Vet., Melta Gun and Grenade Launcher. This squad is mounted in a Chimera.

10 Grey Knights with 2 Incinerators. This squad is sometimes taken as Fast Attack depending on my opponent.

1 Orbital Strike. Exact type varies depending on Wargear chosen for the game. Usually used to keep opponents away from certain terrain pieces.

I'm waiting for a delivery of Brother-Captain Stern with Terminator Squad (for use as Grey Knight Hero) and two more Grey Knight in Power Armour squads with two Psycannon armed Grey Knights to make two 6-man squads, one with 2 Incinerators and one with 2 Psycannons.

It works out at just short of 2000 points. Maybe with the addition of another Chimera?

·
Registered
14 Posts
rtsposer thats a great idea with the psycannon and the termie armor, i am envious of such a good idea!

so what about those daemonhosts?!
scary.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok, here's what I've got:

1 Inq. Lord, geared up for close-combat (using Cortez fig, not cortez)
3 Familiars
2 Acolytes w/Refractor fields
2 Heirophant
2 Combat Servitors
3 Mystics
Land Raider

1 Inq. (Shooty)
1 Familiar
3 Acolytes w/Incinerators
2 Gun Seritors, 1x hvy bolter, 1x Plasma Cannon

1 full squad GK w/2X Incinerators

I will be getting two or three Stormtrooper squads, two more full GK Squads, a GK Hero, and two squads of GK Termies. Afterwich, I will shortly decalre bankrupcy. 8-P

Cheers,
N0valoco

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.