Librarium Online Forums banner

Which elites are not a waste of space? (pick up to 5)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Venerable Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a poll I concocted to see which elites are favoured among marine players.

Which elites are the coolest? I'm not just asking which perform the best in a game, although it may be a factor for you. Real question is which do you like, just because they're cool (concept, story, etc)?

I made it a multiple option poll, but try to vote for as few as possible (let's say 5 at the most) because there's no point if everyone votes for everything.

Only 30 options were allowed on the poll
I omitted the following, but i figured marine players probably wouldn't go for them, otherwise they would be an inquisition player. however, if you would have voted for them over the other options on the poll, then say so in your post. also, if i omitted something else, and you were gonna vote for it, say so as well.
daemonhosts
arco-flagellants
sisters repentia

·
Registered
14 Posts
Assault termies don't die

in a nut shell when you equip them with thunder hammers and storm shields HELLO they have a 2+ armor save and a 3+ involl name another unit that can do that and i'll choose them.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Hands down I have to go with Sternguard. I never leave home without them. TH/SS Terminators have got to be my second favorite. There are a lot of good ones on there, but these two choices are the ones I use most frequently in my army.

·
Registered
156 Posts
HAHA, i went with everything that had "terminator" in it. I love em, theyre so underrated in my opinion. Also the furioso, and venerable dreadnaught are sweet to.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Are ironclads elite or heavy support?
Either way i voted Ironclad, 13 Armour 2 heavy flamers and to massive arms for smashing anything in CC.

·
221 Posts
For Sanguinius! Death! Death!

I love the Death Company. Nothing says stabby time like a bunch of blood crazed maniacs thinking the commander on the other side is Horus himself. Good times.

·
3 Getrudes
1,710 Posts
Sternguard, Dreadnoughts (any flavour, Ironclads especially) or Grey Knight Terminators. Malleus Inquisitors, with their anti-Deep Strike Mystics, can also be cool for denying your opponent safe places to land his troops, but aside from that they're almost useless.

You really need to split the Temple Assassin option into four, because each one of the Temple Assassins fulfils a vastly different role on the table. And put an option for Daemonhosts up there too; they're hardly the greatest Elite option in the world and lord knows they're prohibitively expensive, but I'd vote for them anyway because they're such a hoot :D

EDIT: I forgot about the Death Company. They're cool too, especially with Jump Packs and no Chaplain :D

·
Registered
405 Posts
Deathwatch (YAY!)

seeing as though I'm doing a Golden Demon project on them, but thats basically it

·
Venerable Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Personally I voted for:

Sternguard
all round great concept

Grey Knight Terminators
Normally, I find terminator armour rather ugly. For the Grey Knights I make an exception. If you think about it Nemesis Force Weapon = Relic blade. Psycannon and Incinerator are some of the best things you can have on a squad of terminators.

Wulfen
Werewolves in power amour, enough said. Embodiment of pure awesome. (I honestly thought they were gonna destroy this poll)

Death Company
BA version of wulfen. Also awesome

Wolf Scouts
Of any unit in any space marine chapter, nothing is more "commando" than the wolf scouts

Death Watch Kill Team
While veterans from space marine chapters are just that, deathwatch are the super-elite of all space marines. Space marines who survive long enough progress up to become veterans at some point. There's no progression to become in a Deathwatch kill team; they are hand-picked. While space marine chapters hand pick their recruits from the imperial population, Deathwatch then hand picks their members from the space marine chapters. Best of the best

I know, I broke my own rule and voted for 6

·
Registered
144 Posts
i voted for the assult termies, GK termies, and sternguard..... i love the models for the GKs and the sterns, the assult termies just ripping through things appeals on a very basic level and the sternguards despatching enemies with icy presision is just fantastic:soldier:

cheers

matt

·
404: Title not found
2,845 Posts
Only a few Elites choices are actually a waste of space, it's just a matter of which ones you think are more valuable than others. I went for Assault Termies and all the Space Wolf options, remaining true to my Chapter ;)

~ DiW

·
Now w/ English voice-over
454 Posts
Only a few Elites choices are actually a waste of space, it's just a matter of which ones you think are more valuable than others. I went for Assault Termies and all the Space Wolf options, remaining true to my Chapter ;)
Yay! Then I'm not the only one to have voted for the Iron Priest.. I mean c'mon he's waay cooler than the standard Techmarine.. Just look at the name for God(-Emperor)s sake! xD

The techmarine servoharness model is quite awesome though..

But-- am I the only one confused of two different questions? Those that are cool aren't necessarily the best ones.. And those that doesn't waste space aren't necessarily the coolest..?

I guess if you are to rate from both questions choices like Callidus would be on the very top.. She's so small that she certainly doesn't waste much space and she's got a kinda cool model and her fluff and rules are also super ''cool'' :D Well enough of this sorry..

I also find some converted inquisitors to be soo awesome.. And of course the Death Cult.. Of the SM choices I guess Sternguard would be on top.. The inquisitorial troops are just 'cooler' imho :) I found a really nice model to use as a Daemonhost also.. It's Pandora in her avatar form from Wyrd Miniatures.. Even though that model were never meant as a Daemonhost it's made me love the hosts a lot xD

A final note should be that while Deathwatch are incredibly cool and all that they are not an elites choice, they definetly are elite though.. :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Pretty much everybody I play with the Space Wolves, they always forget about my Wolf Scouts. When kitted properly they bring mayhem. With great BS and WS, but always remember they are a suicide squad, not meant to last long.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I voted plain old dreadnought and terminators, based purely on fluff and looks. Assault termies and sternguard are monsters gamewise, but would you put expensive, super troop veterans on a futuristic battlefield without a ranged weapon ? Any enemy squad of infantry would just backtrack laying down covering fire and eventually wack them all, storm shield or no. And i bet in a few years, when sixth edition rules or a new marine codex appears, special
issue ammunition is no more.

Sternguard strengths will go the way of traits and any number of other lovely but just a bit too tasty options, and i would be suprised if storm shields stay the same. What will you do ? Look to the storm bolter and power fist ! Call on the ancient and indomitable Dreadnoughts ! They will still be there.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
for sanguinius! Death! Death!

I love the death company. Nothing says stabby time like a bunch of blood crazed maniacs thinking the commander on the other side is horus himself. Good times.
dc ftw!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.