Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, long-time lurker back again with a question:

I have been looking to get a Forge World Super-Heavy Tank for his new Kreig IG army. However, when I look, I'm not exactly dead-set on a specific tank.

I've narrowed it down to the 90ish-pound range before shipping, so that leaves me with the Arkurion pattern Baneblade varients, (Stormblade, Stormsword, and Shadowsword), and the Macharius and its variants.

Now, the question is, from someone that has next to no experience with guard, which one would be best?

I'm personally leaning towards the Macharius-es, because they look pretty cool and have their main weapon in a turret (something my good friend has preferred. He said that's why he can't stand the Vindicator). However, would an IG army be better served by the two-pieplate punishment from the vanilla Macharius or the Vulcan Macharius with the huge amount of ordinance it can send down-range?

Also, another question. If I ordered from Forge World this week, do you guys think that they would be able to ship it to the West Coast in time for the party at the very end of August? I haven't had any previous FW experience.

·
4,967 Posts
But the macharius is such a good model. It is also smaller than a baneblade so you can use it in smaller games without unbalancing them. I would take the standard Macharius with the 7" template battle cannon. The Vulcan mega bolter is ok but you are only BS3 sou you end up killing 5-6 marines per turn if they are in the open.

If you are unsure about forgeworld delivery times give them a call or send an email. If they are really busy their delivery can be delayed but in normal business they have a good turn around time. You can also pay extra for the 2-3 day delivery priority shipping.

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
Last time I ordered something from FW was actually this month. Part of my order (a titan) arrived in about a week only. The rest of my stuff (accessories) arrived about a week later due to some backorder. All in all, it came a lot faster than I thought. Less than 2 weeks to receive everything.

That said, I now prefer a tank like the hellhammer or shadowsword that can ignore cover. I once dropped a baneblade 10" blast on some chaos marines in cover. The blast hit everyone but only killed 2-3 due to that blasted cover.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts