Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i thought it might be fun to share our favorite hq and elite inquisitor makeups.

heres mine;

lord,rosarius,boltpistol,power weapon,his will be done,word of the emporer,familiar,2 pentients,2 chirugeons,3 acolytes,3 crusaders. = 234 (thinking of getting a chimera)

elite,bolt pistol,power weapon,auspex,scourging,2 heavy b warriors,1 plasma cannon warrior,2 chirgeons, 1 acolyte with combi-plasmagun. =196

·
Registered
87 Posts
From memory;

=][= Lord w. Psychic hood, Excruciators, Combiflamer, Hammer of the Witches
2 Penitents, 2 Warriors w. Flamers, Familiar, Acolyte w. Shotgun - 159

I also have an elite version of this guy for smaller games. He's cheaper (comes to about 64 pts), still anti-psyker with his excruciators/witch-hammer power, but I've gone against conventional wisdom and given him a small retinue. I figure that since he's mostly going to be hiding up the back and/or be a low priority for the enemy, the benefit of being able to take objectives is worth the loss of an untargettable IC (leave that for the Psycannon-wielding daemon hunter. ;) )

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
HQ: Lord with power armour, power sword, brazier, 1 combat servitor, 2 crusaders, 2 acolytes with power armour, bolt pistol and ccw, familiar, chirurgeon 206 points

ELITE: Inquisitor with storm bolter, auspex, excruciators, 2 guardsmen with plasma guns, 1 servitor with plasma cannon, 2 sages, acolyte with carapace armour and bolter 157 points

I prefer the elite. BS4 plasma weapons and rerolls are always cool.

·
Registered
87 Posts
robotnik said:
HQ: Lord with power armour, power sword, brazier, 1 combat servitor, 2 crusaders, 2 acolytes with power armour, bolt pistol and ccw, familiar, chirurgeon 206 points
Don't =][= Lords have a 3+ save as standard? If so, the power armour on your lord is a waste.

I'm not that fond of HTH Inquisitors. To make them half decent, it always seems that you need to spend an awful lot of points on them. To be honest, I've yet to find a HTH Inquisitor setup that is even close to being points-effective.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for a hq the =][= lord is pretty good for it's points, the squad i have is 234 (sounds too big) but it does kick alot of butt, they're are not meant to get there points back they are there to protect and sell their lives in order to keep your line from being disrupted (there's only so much sisters can do in assault without inquistorial support).

·
LO Zealot
1,331 Posts
Hmmm I only use this for fluff:

Inquisitor: power weapon, bolt pistol
Acolyte: storm Bolter, carapace armour
Warrior: Plasmagun
Warrior: Grenade launcher
Crusader
Servo Skull

Here's one i would like to make but havn't due to it's ineffectiveness in actual battle:

Inquisitor: Combi-plasmagun
Acolyte: Combi-plasmagun

-[Mounted]- Immolator chosen as heavy or change to a lord and mount in rhino with the addition of 2 sages.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Dranthar said:
Don't =][= Lords have a 3+ save as standard? If so, the power armour on your lord is a waste.
You are right. I was writing from memory at work. That means my Lord setup is 196 points, even better!

I thought when I was writing it that he was less than 200 on my army list :huh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts