Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying a core necron army-a battle set, a lord, and a codex, and am wondering: Which unit would be best to enhance my force? A few flayed ones, a few immortals, or a heavy destroyer?

Currently, i plan to get
1 Necron Lord w/rez orb
20 (2sqof10) warriors
3 destroyers

as my army. Which of the three would be the best to add?

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
If you want to add some close combat ability, the flayed ones are of course best. Personally I'd probably go for Immortals to add some extra firepower whilst moving.

·
Registered
353 Posts
To show that there still baisic necrons with enhancements... or make people pay more... but I agree with Bornin, defintly go immortals first, they helped out bunches in my last game against the tau. But flayed ones can be good too, with that always deep strik abilty, but defintly don't go a single heavy, it won't get wbb, and there really only helpful in squads of 3

·
Registered
770 Posts
its to represent the flayed ones ability to throw a cutting insult

·
Registered
13 Posts
Flayed ones to add the necron fear factor to your army :(

Quote of the day:
A monkey who dresses as a man is still a monkey, but a man who dresses as a monkey is a horse’s arse - Alfred E. Neuman

·
Registered
318 Posts
Originally posted by IceZero@Sep 21 2003, 05:13
immortal, 28 points.
destroyer 50 points.

do the math.
Full squad of Immortals.......10 @ 280 points adds 2 to your phase out

Full squad of Destroyers.......5 @ 250 points adds 1 to your phase out

When you do the math make sure you do ALL the math........

·
Registered
51 Posts
realize that if a necron gets "killed" in cc, and the necron squad loses the cc, and fails the morale check, the necron will most likely be more than 6" from another necron of the same type due to the fall back of the squad. Therefore, if a necron unit is defeated in cc and fails the morale check, a whole lot won't be able to WBB and that can quickly lead to a phase out (of course, this really is all me just guessing, and there are alot of ways this can be avoided... pluss i dont even play as necrons...lol)

so using necrons like flayed ones support a way of fighting necrons are not as good as they could be.

personally i would say destroyer or heavy destoryer since the gun they have (while heavy 1) can still be fired if they move.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.