Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i was looking thought my bits and didnt know i had more bits i can make to this army, i thought up another army list, to see what you think.

this the army list i was going to use.

deamon prince, wings, nurgle, warptime 175

dead with autocannon 110
dead with plasma cannon 105

8 berzerkers, champ, fist, rhino 243
10 marines, 2 melta, champ, fist, rhino 245
10 marines, 2 melta, champ, fist, rhino 245
5 noise marines, 5 sonic blasters 125

3 oblit 225
6 havos, 4 missle launcher 170
predator, auto cannon, heavy bolters 100
1743points

here is my new army list what you think of this?

daemon prince with wings, mark of slannash, with lash 155

dreadnought with plamsa cannon 105

8 berkers with champ and fist in a rhino 243
10 marines 2 melta with champ fist in a rhino 255
10 marines 2 metla with champ fist in a rhino 255
5 noise marines with blasters 125
3 obliters 225
3 obliters 255

total 1743 points

what you think of list? i was think of taking out one the obliters sqauds and adding a hovos sqaud in with 4 missle lanuchers in in stead but i thought i put this on there first to see what you think. would like to here you comments.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Second list to be sure. Dual princes are a serious issue for lots of our opponents. Here are a few more things to consider:

Dread: Might want to give it either a missile launcher or multi-melta. You really need to have other options for long range tank busting, especially against opponents with a high armor count.

Heavies: As JKoby123 mentioned, Defilers are pretty nasty. They'll suck up lots of incoming fire, which will help protect both your princes and rhinos. Furthermore, they will greatly improve your close combat game, which is also required against some races.

I'd recommend dropping your oblits down to 2-man squads, which will garner enough points to add a single defiler. On that note, trip oblits are a major focal point of the enemy; it's just too darn easy to mass-slaughter them with high strength, low ap weapons.

EDIT: Here's another option. Drop the Noise Marines. Add a Dreadnought. While the Noise Marines are decent objective holders, at the same time, they don't have much capacity for killing anything but swarm. Furthermore, their weapons are rather limited in range.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yep.

Rabbit and I are on the same page with this one. Dreadnought could be fantastic in this case.
As for weapons, I'd be inclined to take the multi-melta dread, with maybe a Chainfist? Rabbit should be helpful in selecting the weapons for a dread; I don't personally own one.
However, that depends if you're going to take a Defiler. If you elect not to, a dread could give you that much needed pie plate. (Yummm!)

But yeah. List #2 with maybe some minor tweeks. Looks really, really good the more I look at it.
Good luck!

*EDIT* Forgot to touch on the noise marines. I'm with Rabbit again. They're way too expensive for what they do. (Which, to be honest, never seems to be much.) If it comes down to a Dread or Noise Marines, well, you'll be able to guess how I feel. :)

·
Registered
699 Posts
If you are limited to the selection of units that you posted in your first list, then dropping the oblits down to 2man units will give you enough points for a unit of 5 havocs with 4 missiles. This will also give you that extra punch against AV10-13.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
right i have changed some thing a took the advise to changed things to see what you think now

dreadnought with plamsa cannon and close combat weapon 115
dreadnought with autocannon and close combat weapon 120
8 berkers with champ and fist in a rhino 243
10 marines 2 melta with champ fist in a rhino 255
10 marines 2 metla with champ fist in a rhino 255
2 obliters 150
2 obliters 150
1 defiler

what you think of the list please give your comments.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
If you are limited to the selection of units that you posted in your first list, then dropping the oblits down to 2man units will give you enough points for a unit of 5 havocs with 4 missiles. This will also give you that extra punch against AV10-13.
Min/max havocs tend to get eaten up early on. Probably best to leave these guys at home :)

Dreadnought could be fantastic in this case.
As for weapons, I'd be inclined to take the multi-melta dread, with maybe a Chainfist? Rabbit should be helpful in selecting the weapons for a dread; I don't personally own one.
Multi-melta would be the choice for me as well. However, it's less forgiving than the missile launcher arm. For new players, the missile launcher is a good place to start, whereas the vets should consider the use of the MM.

The new list is much improved. Be sure to post your results; in particular, how your dread(s) perform. The plasma cannon can be cantankerous at times. Small blast + scatter = frustrating. It's never proved itself on my dreads, but maybe you have better results with the scatter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts