Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2000 pt game against the Empire coming up and I'm planning on taking a magic heavy list. I'm not sure what lores would be best though. I'll have a LoC and a Tzeench herald. I'm bouncing between Tzeench, Heaven, Fire, and Shades. Right now I was thinking the LoC with Tzeench since he will get most of the spells anyways, and the Herald with Heavens since pretty much all those spells are low casting values and with line of sight range I could target the warmachines from the beginning.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thank ya,
Trevor

·
Airborne
1,664 Posts
I'm trusting LoC means Kairos. Generally though Flying in the middle of the empire lines outside of charge arcs doing flares (any spell that hits all models within a radius) and causing terror checks (combined with leadership reducing BSB ) is the preferred route.

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
Metal. Always metal. Commandment of Brass on the cannons (until furies/screamers deal with them) then Spirit of the Forge on his knights. That leaves distillation of molten silver to mop up the lighter stuff.

·
resident iconoclast
791 Posts
I think I'm with Rork. I sort of generally like Death and Beasts, and I like the Lore of Tzeentch pretty well (I usually don't bother to bring Master of Sorcery on my LoC, because the Lord of Tzeentch is plenty good enough) but Metal is probably the optimum choice against Empire, with their War Machines, Knights, and Steam Tanks.

·
Lord Admiral
2,608 Posts
AYe - i'd agree metal as well, though flares is a great spell for dealing with his infantry blcoks. TBH the Empire strength is shooting and ultra-heavy armour (1+ saves) and metal nullies these aspects.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.