Librarium Online Forums banner

Which model should I enter in Indy Painting Contest?

• Chaos Sorceror

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • Wild Rider Noble

Votes: 6 14.3%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which model do you think has a better chance of winning? These aren't my best work, but my best model won last year and reentering it obviously would be a crappy thing to do. That leaves me with the Chaos Sorc I painted last weekend. Or the Wild Rider noble I painted some months ago.

Chaos Sorceror

Wild Rider Noble

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Bork! Bork! Bork!
416 Posts
Woahoho, I love the purple on your Sorceror, the other model seems really bland compared to him but is of course ninety-two times better then anything I could do so they are both very nice but I vote;

Sorceror

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Hmm. Actually, I'm going with the chaos sorcerer, mainly because the back of the wild rider looks a little messy, if you don't mind me saying. Also, the paint scheme of the sorcerer is memorable. It stands out and is simple. The purple really stays with you.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Chaos Sorceror.

Judges won't forget the paint on him!

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
I kind of like the sorcerer (seems I'm not the only one, too!)

The look of those horns on the mount and the tentacle-things (more horns?) on the sorcerer are quite spectacular. Even though, overall, the paintwork on the sorcerer does look a bit 'simple,' its still awesomely well done and (at least in my opinion) incredibly effective.

The Wild Rider still looks good, but I think it's the pose of the model that puts me off it more than anything else. The paintwork is still excellent, but... I just like the sorcerer more.

·
is coming out to play
991 Posts
I like the sorcerer. Very nicely done. Especially the staff a very good amount of detail.

·
things will change
2,707 Posts
Out of the two, the Sorceror is definately the one to go for.
Not only is the painting slightly better (IMO), but the figure is a much better sculpted one, meaning that as a whole it is much more likely to stick in the judges minds, even without including the paintjob (which is, in addition, very striking).

I would have liked to see a little more adventurous basing on the Scorceror, something like a ritual circle, with burning runes round the outside would have been very cool.

Best of luck in it though mate!

-t.

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
Although I like the Wild Rider Noble the Chaos Sorcerer is better painted IMHO... Hope this helps. And also hope you win... :drinking:

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
48 Posts
definetly the sorcerer, if you don't mind me saying this the head kind of looks like that one person from star wars. Good job!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts