1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Which of the PC games should I go with?

System Specs and Price do not matter.

My only other good games are thw Dawn of War series, the Orange Box, Eldar scrools 4 oblivion, and Madden NFL 07

Thanks a lot

:drinking:

·
ISIS Secret Agent Squishy
1,875 Posts
I picked up CoD4 almost 2 weeks ago now, and it's a great game.

Single player is difficult enough to make it a challenge, but not difficult enough to stop you playing through frustration.

Multiplayer is simply awesome. It starts off pretty simple, but through levelling up, you get extra weapons, attachments and skills to make it even more fun. (My favourite perk is Martyrdom; when you get killed, you drop a grenade; which may kill the sod who killed you - or others). The addition of calling in air strikes, or support helicopters makes kill streaks a big goal of all players.

In the nearly 2 weeks I've had the game, I've advanced from Private to Major in Multiplayer ranks; that's 35 levels; during which I've found my niche roles in the Team Deathmatch games - sacrificial Martyr (up close and explody) or heavy weapon support toting a scoped LMG.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Medieval 2 Total War if you want a more in depth and more entertaining strategy experience than DOW. I love this game a lot, but WoW steals almost all my gaming time nowadays.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PLEASE keep it to the games I selected... I am having trouble choosing between them, not all games in general

thanks,

·
335 Posts
FarCry 2 isn't even out yet...

CoD4 or Crysis, CoD has great online play, well the PC version is filled with hacks and cheaters, acualy, go with a console version of it if you must have it.

Assassins Creed, agian go with Console if need be.

I can never honestly recommend GoW to any human. The console version has one of the most broken glitched and bugged to h*** P.O.S. online games i have ever played. Not sure about the PC version.

But Crysis has a average campaign, horrible story line. But the mods and map editor make that game unrealistically fun. that's assuming you have a monster PC from 2020.

So IMO you shouldn't get any of these, however if you want ONLY these, go with Crysis, but perpare to spend 90% of the play time on map editor doing really awesome/stupid stuff.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all that participated in the discussion.
I was recently at my local bestbuy, when i broke down and bought Call of Duty 4. I must admit it gripped me immediatly. A greta buy and i recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm sure far cry 2 will be better then crysis when it comes out.
If it wasnt for that i would say COD4, I got it the day it came out and ive just got a gold ak47 but i have to say its starting to get boring and repetative.

·
The Singing Blade
1,037 Posts
I voted for Crysis. If you've got a PC that can run it on high spec it blows everything else out of the window in terms of visuals, And the only other game that has a decent enough "story" worth following is Assassins Creed, but that seriously lacks the intensity of Crysis.

My Personal Choice would've been one that wasn't on that list though, Fallout 3. Visually breathtaking, Good story worth following, and a huge open world with tails all over the place.

~ Lowell

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.