Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of doing an arbite army, and was wondering what would be best to use whilst keeping it fluffy, and still reaonably good. I'll start with the units I think would work, and why I think they'd fit in fluff wise.

First off, obviously a command squad, because everyones got to have a commander. I've been thinking I might use a count as creed because I figure the arbites would be given the best commanders, and mainly because I want the extra orders.

I'm a bit unsure about elites. I may have a count as marbo, purely because he's awsome, and use a robotic model and say he's some sort of door breacher.

Troops will be veterans (possibly one with a count as bastonne), probably mounted in chimera's, and penal legions. I know the arbites probably wouldn't normaly fight with penal legions, but the only time they are likely to fight aliens is if the planet under their control is attacked, in which case they might just shove all the prisoners out the door.

Fast attack obviously has to include rough riders. I read somewhere that the arbites use bikes, but I may use horses anyway because riot sheild weilding cavalry would be awsome.

I may include a hellhound varient of some description. I imagine they would be used with tear gas/water canon in normal police actions, but could be quickly modded if something more deadly is needed.

Heavy suppost would be demolishers, fluff wise for breaking into fortifications rebel leaders may have built. Possibly an eradicator for flushing out tough resistance.

Everyone would have carapace armour where possible. Special weapons would largely be grenade launchers (tear gas) and meltas (breaking armoured doors etc). I'm geussing their would be a lack of flamers. Although there is probably fighting in an urban setting, I doubt they would want to burn down a neighbourhood in the process. I'm not sure about what, if any heavy weapons.

Does anyone have ideas as to what else would be reasonable fluff wise. I also don't want it to be too much like my sisters playstyle wise (not sure how I'll manage this), although I may end up combining them at some point.

·
I Sincerely Want a Parrot
462 Posts
I think the Bane-Wolf variant fits best. You might want to give all of your vehicles Dozer Blades. Get an inducted Inquisitor and Vindicare Assassin. The Inquisition would most likely have permanent agents stationed in the police forces of large planets to keep an eye out for Daemonic/Heretical influence and the Vindicare is your obvious sniper presence.

Sounds like you have a very firm grasp on how to simulate the feel of Arbites. I've been wrestling with this myself and trying to figure out the best way to model riot-shields and gas masks. Check out some riot videos on U-Tube for inspiration.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been wondering about inquisitors, but having them as high ranking judges from a fluff point of view.

Snipers did occur to me, but I wasn't sure if assasins would be assinged to arbite forces. if not I may do a squad of rattlings, but instead of the standard models have normal men mainly crouched so they are about the same size. I may have a vindicare assasin just counting as the forces famed sharpshooter or something.

This army is going to end up with alot of "count as" at this rate. Quick slightly off topic question, but if I pull it off well, would anyone here have an issue playing against this army with all the count as units?

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
I would think a Lord Commissar would be a more natural choice for HQ, and more conscripts than veterans. Plenty of Commissars and priests shepherding the cons with a selection of stormtroopers, rough riders and tanks would be fluffier than dust bunnies. Straken might make a good counts-as uber-Arbite, too.

Sisters of battle do mechanized very well so you'll probably want to footslog your Guard instead. Use the convicts to meatshield the Russes towards victory, that's what an Arbite would do!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not really sure that fits with the arbite fluff to well Interpid. I'd rather have veterans in carapace than stormtroopers because the normal arbites are in carapace, so having them as elites wouldn't make much sense.

I don't see much point in using conscripts to represent convicts when GW has already made a unit that is convicts. Especially seeing as it means I would have to take normal infantry platoons, and I'm not really sure what I'd do fluff wise with the 2 normal squads I'd have to take.

Why do you suggest such heavy use of commissars?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.