Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The White Dwarf edition out on the shelves later this week (April 2008) is probably the best I have read for several years.

There's a 26 page battle report for a 25,000 pt (!!!) battle. Also, there are some new rules for Legendary Massive Battles (for battles over 5000 pts per side) and loads and loads of fluff.

I just thought I should post this because, WD is getting a bad wrap recently and credit where credit is due.

Well done GW.

For anyone who's interested I posted a review on my blog:-

Warhammer Fantasy Battle Tabletop Gaming: Zzz.. GW news

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just received my US copy and I do agree.

It's a great issue, and I encourage anyone interested in Warhammer to pick it up.

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
I also was quite pleased with this months edition, the battle report was great and the legendary battles article was like going back to the WD of old- the articles around WHFB 25th anniversary were interesting too.

·
ISIS Secret Agent Squishy
1,875 Posts
sounds like a good read....now if only WD Oz was released at the same time as the rest of the world, I'd know what you were talking about....but nooooo....we have to wait until the first wednesday of the month it's labeled for.....

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
Mh, hearing all these enthousiastic responses has gotten me interested, i too will at least be flipping through this one in the GWstore

·
Lord of Purple
933 Posts
It's a rather good issue actually, and those harry the hammer paintjobs ;?. Lovely stuff! The winner even used NMM, and thats never in WD :0

·
Borderlands addict
971 Posts
It's a rather good issue actually, and those harry the hammer paintjobs ;?. Lovely stuff! The winner even used NMM, and thats never in WD :0
That dude's the only member who used it I think. But yeah...OMG!!!!! I love those paint jobs so much! I'm so gonna try that stippling effect on the winners mini

Also, top of page 10 in the UK edition is info regarding the new wash range..they're in foundation style pots dammit...:p

:happy:

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Meh.. WD

the 25K battle is fixes, and likely badly written. One of their more subtle inclusions of shiny advert pics... *buy massive armies, hint*

As for the Leg Battles and Special Scenario rules, quick google search and they are available online, downloadable.

So... what else is left... Adverts anyone? Nah, didnt think so. Ill spend that saved cash on something nice for myself i think... ;)

·
Lord of Purple
933 Posts
Plus I've already found the obligatory typo which every issue is likely to contain, its on page 72 under the mini description for Nagash :rofl.

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
Plus I've already found the obligatory typo which every issue is likely to contain, its on page 72 under the mini description for Nagash :rofl.
They also manage to list Settra as a WHFB character that missed out on their 'top 25' list, however he is there at number 12!

·
Gentlemen.
738 Posts
I was reading through the battle report, and found another typo. Something about "plucky" (lucky?) halberdiers. Also, the ally chart says that wood elves occasionally ally with Tomb kings. TOMB KINGS!? If somebody could fill me in on this it would be great, as this confuses me to no end.:?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ah ha! But in traditional GW fashion if you check the Tomb Kings listing of allies the Wood Elves are a no no. Hooray contradictions! My gut instinct (and a call the GW later quasi confirmed this) is that the Tomb King's listing is correct and they cannot ally with Wood Elves.

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
Meh.. WD
So... what else is left... Adverts anyone? Nah, didnt think so. Ill spend that saved cash on something nice for myself i think... ;)
How can one be so cynical, Phoenix!:D

I was reading through the battle report, and found another typo. Something about "plucky" (lucky?) halberdiers.
That's quite possibly not a typo. Plucky = brave or thereabouts. So, depending on the situation, they could be being plucky.

Why am I defending White Dwarf?

Meh. I'll look at this one. Probably end up getting it. As much as the constant stream of adverts annoys me. (Now who's being cynical?)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts