Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, most of the guides i have read recently to do with robes suggest using graveyard earth as the basecoat before a mix or it with bleached bone etc, i have a battle this wednesday and want the robes of my men done but am lacking graveyard earth for some reason:?. so just wanted to no if theres a good substitute for it as i do wish to have them done for the battle and cant get to a GW shop till the weekend really.

Thanks for any replies

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick replys guys, will give it a shot 8Y.
By the way instead of starting a new topic thought i'd ask here, What do people think about the foundation paints by GW, haven't ever looked into them really and would like feedback etc before i buy them, are they actually worth it in your opinions?
Again thanks for any replies

·
Registered
191 Posts
I haven't tried them yet, didn't need them. I think they are handy as base colours (though I don't know for sure), and ofcourse it are great colours. I think they can be handy, but not neccesary.

·
Woof! Woof! Bark! Bark!!!
913 Posts
The foundation paints are really great.
1) They cover extremely well. It's what they were made to do.
2) The color pallet compliments the GW range, they blend well into all colors.
3) Useful as all heck for certian tasks - usually where you want to skip a coat on a color and it cover well.
4) Need to make a normal paint cover better? Mix a small amount of the similar foundation into it and it will cover much better - even when thinned.
5) Mechrite red. Just buy it and try. You will understand!
6) The pallet is earthy - not as bright. Again, it complements.

The list goes on, but you get the idea. They are very nice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The foundation paints are really great.
1) They cover extremely well. It's what they were made to do.
2) The color pallet compliments the GW range, they blend well into all colors.
3) Useful as all heck for certian tasks - usually where you want to skip a coat on a color and it cover well.
4) Need to make a normal paint cover better? Mix a small amount of the similar foundation into it and it will cover much better - even when thinned.
5) Mechrite red. Just buy it and try. You will understand!
6) The pallet is earthy - not as bright. Again, it complements.

The list goes on, but you get the idea. They are very nice.
Thanks a lot for the posts ;Y have convinced me to buy them me thinks, GW should probably give you some sort of commision 8X. once again thanks for all the respons's

·
Registered
324 Posts
The debate of the right base color.... grey or brown. while both can be blended up to a nice white cloth color, you need to balance it out with the rest of the paint scheme. grey tends to be a cool color, while brown is warm. if your whole model is a warm red or yellow, the grey will contrast but the brown will tie in... so... short answer is either will work just fine DEPENDING hehe. good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.