Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the use of three Raven Wing Battle forces I have come up this little list. Please Let me know What you think and how it will play.

Captain on a bike with Power Sword and Artificer Armour 160
- 5x Bikers - Sergeant w/ Melta Bomb, 2 x Melta's 140

4 Bikers and a Attack Bike w/ Multi Melta and 2 x Melta's 185

5 Bikers and a Attack Bike w/ 2 x flamers 190

4 Bikers and a Attack Bike w/ 2 x flamers 165

Land Speeder w/ Typhoon 90

Land Speeder w/ Multi Melta and Heavy Flamer 70

1000/1000

·
Registered
293 Posts
get the white scars special character hes worth it. I would also sujjest dropping a land speder to give your sergs a PF or PW. Biker squads need to be geared up right to be worth the points.

Reactions: Tacitus Aemilius

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
get the white scars special character hes worth it. I would also sujjest dropping a land speder to give your sergs a PF or PW. Biker squads need to be geared up right to be worth the points.
I'd stick with the biker captain instead. With Khan, you lose combat tactics. That means you can't get out of fights you don't want to be stuck in. Not good.

The only thing I'd suggest is to change your MM/HF speeder for another Typhoon. You need the ranged AT. But by doing so you may have to drop a biker (or artificer armor + meltabomb). Tough choice.

Reactions: Tacitus Aemilius

·
Registered
194 Posts
I would suggest also giving the Bike Captain a relic blade, as this really makes him useful. The Artificer Armour is not necessary, but a nice bonus if you can fit it in points wise. I would definetlly agree that the bike squad sergents need an upgrade, but the ones that need it most are the squads with special weapons that are short range (in this case thats most of them).

-Aemilius

·
Registered
8 Posts
My suggestion is that this force will probably struggle against power Armour heavy forces a bit so adding the powerswords and powerfists would help.... I'd consider dropping the attack bike from the larger squad and adding a couple plasmaguns and maybe a plasma-combi to the sergeant.

I'd probably consider 2 attack bikes with multimeltas(in separate squads) instead of the speeders and use the leftover points on powerswords and maybe some more bikes. There isn't any other vehicles in your force so you'll struggle to make points back on the landspeeders as they'll get the anti-tank attention.

Hope this advice proves useful...

·
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all for your feedback. Later on tonight perhaps I will write up another list based on the suggestions being made.

·
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so I played around with the points some and came up with this.

Captain on a bike w/ relic blade - 165

4xBiikers - Sergeant with power fist, 2x flamers, Attack Bike with heavy bolter - 190

4xBiikers - Sergeant with power fist, 2x flamers, Attack Bike with heavy bolter - 190

4xBiikers - Sergeant with power fist, 2x melta guns, Attack Bike with multi melta - 210

4xBiikers -2x melta, Attack Bike with multi melta - 175

Land Speeder - w/ heavy flamer and multi melta - 70

1000/1000

·
Registered
143 Posts
Looks a lot like the 1k bike army i posted but instead of the landspeeder i had another sarge with pf and some extra shiny bits on my captain i like it and think it will work for ya bro

·
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks a lot like the 1k bike army i posted but instead of the landspeeder i had another sarge with pf and some extra shiny bits on my captain i like it and think it will work for ya bro
At the 1000 pt level I would bet that most all bike armies look pretty damn near close to each other. They are pricey and you can only fit so many bikes into a list with so many special weapons.

·
Registered
267 Posts
in my bike army i always take kar'sarro khan and a command squad with 3 powerswords and a company champion. this means that they come 12'' on the board side edge fire bolters then charge with 9 s5 i5/6 power sword attacks at ws 5 and 12 s5 i5 powersword attacks at ws4 then the 4 attacks from the apothacary.
if your enemy survivewait in combat a turn then hit and run out and charge in your turn.
470pts of ownage.

·
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The olny thing is that, that is almost half of a 1000 py army and leaves little in the way of adding troop units.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts