Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, help out a Newbie here, I can't find anything about the White Scars here, so thought to open a topic about them...

So everyone, post your ideas here!!

Thanks in Advance

Green Shadow

·
Registered
150 Posts
For White Scars you can have to mount tactical squads in a rhino or razorbck you can take scouts. Terminators have to have a land raider. Your HQ has to be on a bike or in a transport. I think you can take tanks. You have to take bike squads as troops. Attack bikes count as heavy support. I don't think you can have dreadnoughts.

Hope that helps.

·
DING
1,740 Posts
If you can get your hands on the the current edition of the chapter approved book they should have everything in there for white scars, some nice nice fluff and the rules but basically what sunflash said above sounds fairly right

Actually thinking about it again, the rules and stuff might not be in Chapter Approved but it might be in a book called Index Astrates???. It basically is a complation of all the Index Astrates articles in the WD's. I am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong but to the best of my knowledge thats where you will find the stuff you are looking for.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yeah it probably is in Index Astrates but that cost as much as a codex. <_<

But I know it was in one of the White Dwarf magazines and it might be one the GW website.

·
Venerable Old One
1,510 Posts
*sigh* So no one got the really crappy pun. Tsk Tsk. And you call yourself geeks...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, actually I have been doing some research lately, but my friends says the White Scars can't have Dreadnaughts due to fluff, but I saw one of the websites featuring a Codex ffor White Scars that says they have a special dreadnaught called the Tartar Dreadnaugh (light Dreadnaught) not sure if it's true though.... It's really confusing... any way to clarify this?

Green Shadow :ph34r:

·
Registered
485 Posts
White Scars cannot field Dreadnoughts, according to the official White Scars list in the first Index Astartes supplement

·
Registered
1 Posts
<_< go bikes all bikes. scout bikes, troop bikes, vet bikes, hq bikes. mobility is key. power lances work, so do melta gs. for anti-tanks go with assault bikes w/multi meltas. if you want, storm bolters work well. remember these guys are not pure assalt. work da body. break em down, (cause you will be out numbered) before you charge.
final decision is up to you.

G

·
my 1,000 pts white scars army has 10 bikes (2 hq, 2 4 man squads) 2, 10 man tactical squads, in rhinos cause they have to be on transport. I haven't used yet, but the only problem i can see in a white scar army is taking out tanks, which is why each of my bike squads will have atleast 1 melta gun, probly max of 2 per squad. plus in 2,000 pts, i add couple of predators, and lots of land speeders (tornados, typhoons, and normal) to make one very effective round of shooting at vehicles before getting shot down. also my tactical squads have flamer cause they basically move fast in rhino jump out flame, then charge seems pretty effective as long as u role atleast average.

AND THERE ARE NO DREADNOUGHTS FOR WHITE SCARS, THEY ARE WAY TOO SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
i've been fielding a white scar army now for about 3 years now , and there are 3 places you can get info on the white scars but 2 of them have the very same info, the first is the very first index astrates book , the second is WD # 257 which has the same info as the index book the final thing i would advise getting in WD # 230 this has a battle report in which the white scars are being played it's good for background and some tactical advice

"For the Khan and the Emperor!!"

·
Registered
539 Posts
To take out tanks you can use a combination of land-speeders with multi-meltas and one or two 'annihilator' pattern predator tanks which can come with a TL-lascannon and two side-sponson lascannons.

25 bikes and two predators, (one destructor, one annihilator,) was 1,464 points when I made 'em, (2 plasma-guns per troop bike choice, 4 troop bike squads.)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.