Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a full space wolves force but with some stuff i want to know tactics what to get and good ways to make a good white scars army list
what i have so far is
captain
librarian
20 tactical marines
5 terminators
2 rhino's
1 drop pod

want to kno wat to get in future and wat tactics to use mainly against tau plz
cheers
doom

·
Toy Soldier Aficionado
930 Posts
If you want to make a white scars list you will need a captain on a bike, or Khan. This will allow you to take bike squads of at least 5 models as troops. White Scars fluff is focused on the use of speed. They love bikes in the short. Anything fast and mobile has a place in a white scars list: Bikes, Land Speeders, Jump Troops... I am not the best on Bike Tactics, that's best left for Red Archer, who I'm sure will look at this thread eventually. Anyways, for starters I would by 2-3 of the Ravenwing box sets. It is one of the best deals GW has. Comes with 6 bikes, one attack bike, and a Speeder.

·
Torn ACL FTL
4,404 Posts
You can do Scars a couple ways. If you want Bikes, go all out and pick up 3-4 of those RW boxes. Bikes work best when you go all bikes, otherwise you'll end up with some bikes, some vehicles, some infantry, and not enough of any. If you want mech, go mech. Tacs in Rhinos, Dreads, Preds, Speeders, Land Raiders if you can swing it. Very mobile, lotsa dakka, TH/SS Termies are the best assault troops in the game.

I wouldn't recommend Khan though, just because you'll lose combat tactics (very useful for bikes and mech) and outflanking is so random and unreliable.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
As for you concerns against Tau, all you need to do is get close. Assault all their troops, and assault any of their vehicles that don't have Frag Launchers. (even then, you probably can...just be warned you might take some casualties) Tau vehicles will generally have wargear that gives them a 4+ cover save when you're more then 12" away, so melta weapons are even more your best friend then normal.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for al the help i have made a 1500pt list

Lord Angelus- Bike, Relic blade, SS, AA. 220pts
Captain Saintos- Bike, Power sword, AA. 165Pts
Command squad- Bikes, Company champion, power sword 235pts
7 Bikes- Attack bike with multi melta, 2 melta guns 260pts
7 bikes- attack bike with heavy bolter, 2 flamers 240pts
7 bikes- Attack bike with heavy bolter, 2 flamers 240pts
5 Bikers 140pts

can i have help i obviously want to go all bikes and i think its a good army any changes and ways to deploy run etc welcome

·
Torn ACL FTL
4,404 Posts
Meltas in every squad (maybe a combi-flamer if you want), trick out your command squad (LCs, Storm Shields), replace your 2nd Captain with a MotF sporting a conversion beamer.

Stay mobile, shoot and scoot. Your Command Squad is the only unit that should be in HtH.

Captain-Relic Blade, Storm Shield, Bike (180 )Command Squad-3 LC, 4 Storm Shields, Champ w/ TH, 2 meltaguns (375)
MotF-bike, conversion beamer (155)

2x 4 Bikes, 2 meltas, combi-flamer, melta bombs, Attack Bike w/ multi-melta (200 )2x 4 Bikes, 2 meltas, combi-flamer, Attack Bike w/ multi-melta (195)

Swap 1 unit of Bikes for 2 Typhoons if you want some extra firepower at range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts