Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have searched the books and boards, and am stumped as to if the general in a chaos army needs to have the highest leadership? Since I don't see anything contradicting that rule, I would assume so. That also leads to the question that if the general needs to have the highest ld in the army, is it possible to run Galrauch in any Chaos army other than atleast 3000pts with Archaon. Not that I want to, but my friend has the model, and I want to keep him in check if he tries to play him in 2000pts with say an exalted champ as his general.

·
Tabletop Terraformer
1,405 Posts
You can't have searched very hard, this was discussed not long ago, like in this thread here.
But you are new, so you are forgiven! :) Anyway, Chaos armies are no different to any other army, the character with the highest leadership must be the general (if two or more have the highest, you may choose of course).

Galrauch may be taken in any army of 2000 points or over, since you need the Lord slot, however it states in Galrauch's rules that 'Galrauch may not be the army general'. So, obviously, someone else will always have to be the general in that instance (though why you'd want to bother with a points sink like Galrauch I'll never know! Especially in a 2000 point army! :blink: )

·
Registered
657 Posts
To further elaborate, it is the highest leadership as usual, although it is also stated that exalted champions must be chosen over aspiring champions and sorcerers, even though they share a common value. If you don't have an exalted then by all means take one of the other two, but why someone would pick their aspiring champion over their exalted is beyond me.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Tzeentch Lord said:
You can't have searched very hard, this was discussed not long ago, like in this thread here.
But you are new, so you are forgiven! :) Anyway, Chaos armies are no different to any other army, the character with the highest leadership must be the general (if two or more have the highest, you may choose of course).

I always thought that if all other things are equal, including LD between two of your characters, the general ended up being the one that cost the most in points. But my knowledge of fantasy anymore is quite limited.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts