9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can
1. GK Heros with Retinues
2. Elite Squads of GKT
3. Troop PAGK
4. Fast Attack PAGK
5. Purgation Squads

So if all of these (minus the 0-1 Restriction on GK Heroes) can take Land Raiders as transports, then that is 17 Possible Land Raiders?
2 GK Hero
3 Elite
6 PAGK
3 FA PAGK
3 Purgation PAGK

And actually, what else can take things as transports?
Inqusitor Lords can take ...?
Inquisitors can take...?
IST can take ...?

2 Rhinos/Chimeras
3 Rhinos/Chimeras
6 Rhinos/Chimeras

is that another possible 11 Rhinos and Chimeras?

·
1,648 Posts
Heheheh, no. Landraiders are only dedicated transports for Inquisitors (and they don't get PotMS). Other than the Landraiders are Heavy Support. Most you could possibly have is 4 (3 Heavy, 1 Dedicated to an Inquisitor).

Inquisitors can take: Rhino, Chimera, Landraider.
IST: Rhino, Chimera, and can mount up in Heavy Support Landraiders

As a note, Landraider Crusaders can never be taken as dedicated transports for Inquisitors.

So at most:

4 Raiders (1 only usable by an Inquisitor and it doesn't have PotMS)
6 Chimeras/Rhinos (ISTs)

The number or Chimeras can increase if you take Inducted IG.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
So at most:

4 Raiders (1 only usable by an Inquisitor and it doesn't have PotMS)
6 Chimeras/Rhinos (ISTs)

The number or Chimeras can increase if you take Inducted IG.
Wrong

It's 7.

1- Inq Lord
3- Elite Inqs
3- Heavy support

It would be 8 by taking a WH inq lord but you need a GK hero to unlock the GKLRs. However you are correct in saying that the Inq LRs do not get PotMS as only the GKLRs have been FAQ'd to get this. Though, WH LRs have PotMS so ally a WH Inq lord and elite xD

·
1,648 Posts
Wrong

It's 7.

1- Inq Lord
3- Elite Inqs
3- Heavy support

It would be 8 by taking a WH inq lord but you need a GK hero to unlock the GKLRs. However you are correct in saying that the Inq LRs do not get PotMS as only the GKLRs have been FAQ'd to get this. Though, WH LRs have PotMS so ally a WH Inq lord and elite xD
Whoops, my bad, completely spaced on that. It's been a long day.

·
3,395 Posts
ikbuh said:
Though, WH LRs have PotMS so ally a WH Inq lord and elite xD
WH have slightly unhinged machine spirits - BS2 (and only when moving 6" or less) but with the option of rolling up to 12" directly forwards while stunned.

Totally useless with their cheap extra armour option of course.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
WH have slightly unhinged machine spirits - BS2 (and only when moving 6" or less) but with the option of rolling up to 12" directly forwards while stunned.

Totally useless with their cheap extra armour option of course.
That's 5 points you don't have to spend and this way it still gives you the option of firing, which even though It's BS2, it's saved my life quite a few times because it's still twin linked.

So can PAGK take any dedicated transports at all?
by the same token can GKT take any?
and can't the Inqusitor and inquisitor lords take chrimers or rhinos also

so 1 inq lord
3 inq
6 IST
so 10?
\No GK unit can take a dedicated transport and nor can they hitch a ride in someone elses transport from the DH list because GW has decided that they don't get it (despite WH being upgraded to it). So unless you ally WH or Guard or something and use their transports, you're stuck with LRs.

ISTs can take either a rhino or chimera and Inqs may take also take a LR as well as the other two. THe Inq LR does NOT have PotMS though.

·
3,395 Posts
That's 5 points you don't have to spend and this way it still gives you the option of firing, which even though It's BS2, it's saved my life quite a few times because it's still twin linked.
You still want extra armour unless your landraider always sits still or travels dead ahead each turn.

Even without it i'd pay 5 points to get BS4 instead of 2 - I don't know what the FAQ writers were smoking when they decided to give the witch hunters the short bus machine spirits instead of the generic one, not to mention the Inq's half baked LRs.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
You still want extra armour unless your landraider always sits still or travels dead ahead each turn.

Even without it i'd pay 5 points to get BS4 instead of 2 - I don't know what the FAQ writers were smoking when they decided to give the witch hunters the short bus machine spirits instead of the generic one, not to mention the Inq's half baked LRs.
I don't know... I think they're just lazy or don't like us very much.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Where does it say that GK's can't mount up in other peoples transports. I thought you could genrally buy a trasnport for a unit, not have anyone in it at the start of the game and then mount up whatever unit you want (as long as there is room obviously).

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Where does it say that GK's can't mount up in other peoples transports. I thought you could genrally buy a trasnport for a unit, not have anyone in it at the start of the game and then mount up whatever unit you want (as long as there is room obviously).
It's on the transports page. DH transports use the old dedicated rules. It's not that GKs can't get in dedicated transports, it's that they can't get in DAEMONHUNTERS transports because of said rule. It's stupid, but you buy an IST squad from DH and GKs can't get in it, but if you ally the SAME exact squad from WH they can.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.