Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was playing blood angels against my friends dark angels and i wondered who was the dream team

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
Fluff wise? Game wise?

I'm a die-hard DA fan but personally find Dante to be one of the coolest characters in 40k. I think Mephiston is a little over done but on the board he's the only loyal space marine in the game with T5.

In game they all have their own unique perks.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
Yeah, but Dante's dead. :p He died.... HE DIED....
Never actually read the BA codex...when did this happen?

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Knape97 said:
Tycho at the Third Battle for Armegedon IIRC. He fell to the Black rage, and then lead the Death Company on a "last stand".
A last stand that ended up crippling a portion of the ork attacks during one of the last major battles during the third war and gave the BA a hero revered as widely as their primarch. (Not just by the angels themselves, but by gaurd and others as well...8))

Dante with an inferno pistol and Mephiston, the man who conquered the black rage. (technically twice by deus sanginius standards) Never been the biggest fan of special characters, but BA ones have always been my favorite. (The lack of extensive special rules is something of the BA thats always been more fun to play against.)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Knape97 said:
Dante didn't die, Tycho did.

Tycho at the Third Battle for Armegedon IIRC. He fell to the Black rage, and then lead the Death Company on a "last stand".
Oh. Right.

M'bad.

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
It depends on your army, in CC adviously the blood angles would be best the king of those being mophistane. However, Ezekiel is now less points then he used to be, and you get to roll a D6 before the game starts, the number shown is the number of squads the oponent must lay down before you do. And dark angles being a shooty list can then place their stuff in good positions to shoot at fast things, and other shooty things, giving them a better chance of winning.

However, this is sort of like comparing apeals to oranges since they work quiet a bit differntly.

Example, if you through azreal and 7 Deathwing termintors with lightening claws into a transport, and put that up against a blood angle honour gaurd, who ever would win would be the person who charged. (assuming you fully buffed out the honour guard) (of course theres probably a death comany lerking near by as well) but anyway. TRAIT MARINES PWN ALL!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
hmmm

Azrael is a fearsome CC opponent with a neat gun and ezekial is better then mephiston with his book and he looks soo much better. Dante probably is the SM uber unit 2+ save and ws6 death mask (strikes first all the time and other stuff) and has a jet pack! Blood angels definately!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Well, it depends on what you're using them for.

In terms of assault, Mephiston will definetly come out on top, with a furious cahrge force weapon. However, if you're talking about which will help you in an overall battle, Azrael and Ezekiel will by far surpass the blood angel characters, because Azrael makes all Dark Angels stubborn (and lets extra turns be played) and Ezekiel has the know thine enemy special rule, which is incredibly effective when facing assault armies.

I also think that Azrael and Ezekiel both have much cooler models (particularly Ezekiel), as well as better paint schemes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts