• Iron Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Sorcerer
1,532 Posts
I'd have to say tau. Firewarriors would win a firefight with gaurdsmen anyday. But the gaurd could take em in combat

·
Sorcerer
1,532 Posts
The Taus 4+ Save and S.5 Weapons give them a distinct advantage over the gaurdsmen, as does the range of tau guns.

·
Sorcerer
1,532 Posts
I tried to do a little roll of, giving tau 1st shot since there range is higher, but the gaurd won because i kept rolling snake eyes to wound the gaurd, and 3's for taus armour saves...

·
Sorcerer
1,532 Posts
Necrons, erm, there tricky buggers. Take a tank heavy IG army. That could work. But dont rely on me - im a fantasy player really :p

·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it doesnt matter if your a fantasy player at least you are helping me. so tank heavy ig for fighting necrons and tau for fighting ig

so if i want to fight ig first battle then tau the nex what army should i use.

thanks again for your help

·
Registered
60 Posts
It really depends on what you value. For QUANTITY go for the Guard. They have the potntial for more models and have the most/strongest ordnance.
For QUALITY firepower go Tau.
Like i said it depends on what you want. Having experimented with both i would say guard. 1 Lasgun is a joke, 50+ lasguns aren't.

·
Registered
86 Posts
gaurd are deninatly more shooty then tau, i mean the tau only have one ordinence weapons, And It Dosent Pierce MARINE armour, me being a big fan of watching my earthshaker cannon land a perfect hit ontop of a full tactical squad and watching 7-8 die in one shot, i would have to say guard, plus we all know how many infantry they can have, against tau you could just take swarms of infantry squads and run forward into close combat with cover from ordinance and you could win. Oh and yeah many many many cheap heavy weapons...mmmmm :)

so yeah gaurd are better at shoting in all respects except sniping (railguns and seeker missles are god-like)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Actually, Necrons vs. Tank-heavy IG is a bit of a starin. Remember, in ranged combat, Necrons ALWAYS glance on a 6, regardless of the armor value of a tank. Which means your LR or Basalisks are in for a tough time. And, they can be equiped with disruption fields for something like 1 point which has them glance on 6s in clos combat too. :blink:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
my vote is for imperial guard. first off. for about 350 points yu have 3 ordance shots at long range plus 1 or 2 lascannosn.

second whena mission says one troop choice and 1 hq, thats 5 sqauds with heavy weapons, a command section wiht a heavy weapon and a command platoon with heavy weapons and heavy weapon support squads. its insane!! plus when u ahve yur full force, anythingt hat comes within 24 inches is gonna get mauled with a gagilion lasguns.

its safe to say that imperial guard are the shootiest army and can be effective in hth. id have to say they are one of the strongest army(but cheese doesnt even begin to enter the equation)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
iv seen tau vs imp guard fights and before the new codex, tau out shot IG. but now i dont know, and when the new vehicle rules come out...it just looks like guard keep getting more and more powerful.

·
Registered
62 Posts
well as an IG player, i have played Tau, and Tau easily outshoot IG, (with the IG using the old rules) though in CC the Tau do not stand a chance, especially with the availability of doctrines to the IG players, the lack of Heavy Weps in the Tau army is what turned me off, not to mention the higher points cost, i think with IG you get more power to the punch, i.e. a better army for less points

·
Registered
266 Posts
Has anyone looked at Emperor's children as a shooty army? I've been fooling around with the list and they look pretty nasty

here's 1000 points worth

Emperor’s Children 1000 test

HQ

1 Chaos Lieutenant 45
Mark of Slaanesh 10
Power Weapon 15
Kai Gun 25

Elites

6 Chosen 102
Mark of Slaanesh 30
4 Sonic Blasters 20
2 Blastmasters 40
Aspiring Champion 0

Troops

6 Chaos Space Marines 84
Mark of Slaanesh 30
5 Sonic Blasters 25
Blastmaster 10
Aspiring Champion 0

6 Chaos Space Marines 84
Mark of Slaanesh 30
5 Sonic Blasters 25
Blastmaster 10
Aspiring Champion 0

Heavy Support

6 Chaos Havocs 84
Mark of Slaanesh 30
2 Sonic Blasters 10
4 Blastmasters 80
Aspiring Champion 0

6 Chaos Havocs 84
Mark of Slaanesh 30
2 Sonic Blasters 10
4 Blastmasters 80
Aspiring Champion 0

That comes out to 54 Sonic Blaster Shots, 12 Maximal Blastmaster shots or 24 sustained, and 2 kai gun shots. The firepower doesn't degrade much on the move either

·
Registered
735 Posts
If ya want da shootiest army around ya go wiv da Orks...we got da biggest gunz around, wiv da most dakka...WAAAGH! Go with da Orks.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.