Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen them in books and such, and only one time have I actually seen a box of a Doomdiver, but I've never seen one on the table. Does anyone play either of these? And to what effect, as in how good are they? I'm a DE player, but I'm just curious about O&G.

·
Registered
486 Posts
ive used the doomdiver a couple of times, its interesting...
can work well against certiain people, just aim into a clump of units and essentially D6 -1 or 2 die.

the pump wagon however while its low points it is a rare slot and i like to fill up rare with monsters etc maybe in high points games where i had lots of rare slots.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Pump wagons are very random (which is a major theme in the orc and goblin army book) however if they do hit an enemy unit they can do a huge amount of damage. They are dirt cheap in terms of points and can turn a game if they are a bit lucky.

Doomdivers, I like a lot. its like a fanatic (ie d6 strength 5 hits with no armour) but with much longer range and can be aimed at a target. If you land one of these puppies in the middle of a heavy cavalry unit you are looking at wounding at worst on 3's with no saves. Very unpleasant for a pretty good points cost. (and the model looks really cool).

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
In low points games i always take a Pump wagon, for 40pts its the best unit for its point value. however in higher point games (2K) i prefer to stick with leadbelchers and trolls. The doom diver is nice for an extra artillery pieces, however i prefer a DOW cannon for similar points. Comes down to style as far as i'm concerned, if you sticking with an all green army then take em both!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I use the doom diver because it looks cool and the idea of hang gliding gobbos really does it for me. :) It isn't overly successful though because it isn't templated instead you have to hit what you want to hit directly.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Keep plugging away with the doomdiver :) Watching one hit a unit of 1+ save Empire knights and wiping them out is always hilarious. The fact that you can re roll the scatter dice as the goblin can aim itself is also pretty helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts