Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
awww the spearmen are all plastic and cheap yet people seem to have lots of core units as corsairs...

can someone gimme an explanation please?

ps i was wondering are dark elves any good at that tactic of having loads or small 10-man units and totally outmanuvering the enemy with flank and even rear charges?? kinda cheesy i know but just wondering

·
Registered
113 Posts
well actually that question is really simple.. Sure when you look at spearmen you are thinking i can get the same amount of attacks but no.. u cant. Here are a few reasons why you cant
- When down to 1 rank corsairs still have same amount of attacks
- On the charge Corsairs have same amount of attacks.. you cant double rank attack with spears on charge.
- If you are fending off ppl from the front and the side at the same time, you wont lose any attacks.

Also.. you get +1 save from missle fire. Corsairs can take magic banners. Model looks cooler. haha...

Now personally I still use big block of warriors over big blocks of corsairs cause you save 40 points per block. In my eyes i still like corsairs more for flanking with 6x2 or 5x2.. They are few numbers so panic easyer but the +1 save from missle is nice and its likely they will hit 1 rank so still lots of attacks in the front.

I like to think like this.. if I take 2-3 big blocks in a game I will save 80-120 points and that will be a small unit of corsairs to flank. In the end it matters on how you play and if you think the 40 points are better or the +1 missle save more attacks in situations and being able to take a magic banner.

As for the take all small blocks of 10 or so, I think its a very bad idea. We move 5 but its not enough to ruin an armies movement totally. Also you will panic like no tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
There are MSU (Multiple Small Units) tacticas out there, but I have pretty much no experience in it what so ever. They're supposed to work good, by outflanking and outmanouvering as you said.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts