Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
1) Great models
2) Great fighty, close combat army - powerful lords to smash through enemy units
3) Large variety of units to choose from
4) Strong against any opponent
5) Orc boyz are one of the best units for their points cost
6) Very fun
7) You can have night goblins!:D
8) Very diverse - options to go magic heavy, artillery heavy, etc.

·
Registered
316 Posts
-Fun is the top of the list for me. The models are fun + the play style is fun.

-Huge flexibility in list choice. If you want to try (it), O&G's has (it) somewhere in their lists.

-Unique options. My personal favorite being flinging gobbos at ppl w/doom divers and fanatics ^_^.

-I think the gobbos themselves put this one best - "Elves stink funny." =P

·
Registered
113 Posts
using orcs in a game and pure fun 'coz you never know how it will turn out, also, no game ends up being the same as other ones you've played.

They are simply marvellous models to paint, and are some of the best looking models in the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAAAGH!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
-Huge flexibility in list choice. If you want to try (it), O&G's has (it) somewhere in their lists.
For me this is one of the best reasons... you can make any kind of list with orcs, magic heavy, horde style, shooty heavy, balanced, fully cav etc etc

The best part of that though is that unlike empire (who admittedly can do the same thing) you have a LOT of extra unique and fun units to throw in there... fanatics, squig herds and hoppers, giants etc etc...

Its that (coupled with some of the best and most customizable models in WHFB) that makes O&G fun for me!

·
King of Curiosity
283 Posts
Heres the thing right off the bat ORCS ARE FUN. It's that simple how can you not like an army that uses "Da" at the beginning of every sentence. Orcs also have an extreme amount of choices in their armies and with all the random results they're just a fun army. Plus they have so many converting ideas so if you want to have an army you can get the most fun out of, go with goblins
however, high elves are less random than orcs/goblins and HE are more suited to a more organized player. You know that high elves are always going to strike first so that makes them less fragile (high elves along with Dark Elves are better at making a punch than taking one). Also high elves have some good elites to choose from.
Overall it just depends on what you want your warhammer experience to be like.

·
Rushing Jaws
1,541 Posts
I have both High Elves and Orcs & Goblins, so I'll try to compare them on various things which might be important:

Reliability:
- High Elves will always do what you want them to and can be relied upon to act the same every game
- O&G are unpredictable. Sometimes they will stop and squabble but other times they will surge forward like a green tide. This is fun, but it's not so good for people who like to be in control of everything all the time.

Diversity:
- High Elves have a decent selection of different units. They don't have a huge number, but they have more than some armies
- O&G have one of the widest choices of unit types in the game along with Choas. There are a huge number of units to choose from.

Model Count:
- High Elves will have relatively few models on the table
- O&G will normally have hordes of models. It can be good to have a huge army, but remember it can be more expensive, and you're the one who has to paint and transport it.

Play Style
Both armies can be built to do well in each of the phases, but generally O&G will focus mainly on close combat. High Elves will usually use greater amounts of magic and shooting to support their combat troops than O&G will.

Of course those are generalisations. The best advice to give in choosing an army is to pick the army that appeals to you the most visually. If you like the models, then you can usually make the army play how you want it to, but if you don't like the models you won't be happy with the army.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts