Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I,ve played Empire for just over a year now and i often see list with the war alter in it, but in my mind i cant see why the war alter is worth it in points as i could take a templar master and the throw in an extra warrior priest for the cost of the war alter (with arch lector). So i was just wondering if anyone could tell me what is so good about the war alter. thanks.

·
575 Posts
Although I don't play one myself the reasons are manyfold: unbreakable, causes terror, ward save that extends to the lector, casting a bound spell (or rather each round you can choose one of six and cast it) and this all comes finely packaged as a chariot for only [...] points.

Chariots from other Armies are in the same points range yet they don't bring as much gimmicks with them.:curl-lip:

Well, it is limited to a specific lord level model which is likely your general so that might explain it's bargain price level a bit.

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
it doesn't cause terror, but is immune to psych. The price tag for the amount of tricks and the damage it brings is really cheap as explained above. The usual setup for Archlector is one that can take out big nasty guys that empire usually has trouble with (van horstmann's speculum) which makes it that more difficult to break. Even if the archlector dies, the chariot is still unbreakable, T5 with wardsave and throws out bound spells.

War Alter is the only choice for a competative Empire list, but I prefer the other options because I just play for fun.

·
575 Posts
Ah, my bad and a wrong association from the golden griffon of the altar (i.e. Griffon->terror oops)
Still quite a bargain.

'Though I'm with buckero0 and don't play one either (and no steam tank but that's off topic)

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
no one plays a steam tank around here either. I don't think they are that great personally, but I can see how 1-2 of them could really be a pain for some armies. There's a guy building an Empire army with 2 units of 28 greatswords that looks kind of fun to play (I played his proxy army once) I think the release of the plastic steamtank and greatswords will revive the Empire players a bit around here.

·
Firefly
4,209 Posts
The waralter is something that almost every tournament playing empire player takes. It can do so much it's not funny.

It is a steal!

·
Registered
139 Posts
The spells it gives you, when combined with the added survivability makes it a great mount. It is a utility item, that causes impact hits when it gets angry

·
Registered
57 Posts
The DE cold one chariot is 100pts as is the war alter for empire, and the war alter is alot of fun. Pretty obvious target for your enemy to attact tho, so i dont field one.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Somehow the war alter is cheaper than a high elf white lion chariot! It is a steal but a dragon is more fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts