Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that when ever I take out my space marines people automaticly presume they are Blood Angles? My space marines arn't even painted blood red.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Blood Angels used to be a very popular chapter before 4th edition rules came out. So people automatically asume your a BA player just cuz thats what alot of people used to be. I used to be a BA player but I switched to a trait chapter. But i still get the same "Are you Blood Angels?" question.

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
What color is your army? o.o.
I dont know, its just probably the people you play against... they only play BA I guess.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chaos black under coat with black helmets and red gore armour.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Well then your army is RED, just not the standard Blood Red common among Blood Angels armies. As long as your marines don't have a Blood angel shoulder marking then only stupid people should mistake them for blood angels.

~~~No1:yes:

·
768 Posts
my marines are called nids just because I used them to try out the new nids just to find out they wheren't my type.

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
Perturabo_The_Great said:
Those do sound like Flesh Tearer colours, so maybe that's where the association comes from.
Flesh Tearer Space Marines' upper bodies are painted black, as well as the helmet, power pack and such. Their lower body, legs, feet etc are painted Scab Red, I believe (forgive me, but I'm something of a Flesh Tearer fanatic...;) ).

But yeah, uneducated people may mistake them for Flesh Tearers. Makes sense.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Firedrake28 said:
Flesh Tearer Space Marines' upper bodies are painted black, as well as the helmet, power pack and such. Their lower body, legs, feet etc are painted Scab Red, I believe (forgive me, but I'm something of a Flesh Tearer fanatic...;) ).

But yeah, uneducated people may mistake them for Flesh Tearers. Makes sense.
If you are a flesh tearer fanatic then you should be aware of the colour scheme, the upper body (and arms) are red, the only black is the shoulder pads, helmets and power packs/back pack

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can see that.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I play BA and people think I play a trait chapter, simply because
BA players are in low numbers here.

HPA

·
Son of Dorn
949 Posts
Grand Master Belial said:
Let me refer you to here.
You just proved him correct. The Flesh Tearers have a read upper body with a black chest eagle. That may be what you are seeing. Anyway to the question at hand, when I played at my local store there were 7 marine players. I was one of them. I was the only one who didn't play blood angels. That is proably where it comes from. If they are red then your opponents my just be trying to make conversation before the match or they may just want to know what they are up against.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts