Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I won't play an unit that is un-painted, that is part of the reason why I paint. Also I like to see the finished result.

Plus I love to paint...

·
1,019 Posts
Why?

Well it is just a sin to have all those beautiful models sitting unpainted in a box. Also i have a standard to which i paint my models (ok they're not the greatest, but still), i simply look at the model and what it represents and paint it accordingly.

Why...thats a good question actually. Let me get back to you on that later.

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks dudes.
Don't get me wrong I like painting, but it can get really boring painting the same old marines, with the same old colours <_< and considering I don't like buying new stuff until I have painted the rest....meh

I have until Monday off of work so lets see how much I can get done huh....
I want to try and get my tac squad finished at least....so *Thinks* Errr that be all ten marines <_< hehe, I've base painted and all, just need to finish sticking together and detail work.....

·
Registered
245 Posts
i just sit down, put a CD on (matrix reloaded for the moment) and just start to paint...
but you have to undercoat all your minis in quantities caus its boring to wait for undercoating to dry....

·
1,019 Posts
You might also try to make it more than just painting. Instead of thinking of it as just "some models that need painting" but as your army being assembled. It helps, really.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have issues with picking up the paint brush too but maybe it is just becuz i never have time but then i think of the end results and my vast army of chaos ripping the flesh from weak space marines and that is my motivation.

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your help guys.

I should be able to get some done now as now....I have alot more to paint :eek:

I bought:
2 Rhinos
1 Baal Pred
1 Dred
1 tac squad + 9 other marines
3 attack bikes
1 chap on bike
1 Land Raider
1 Vindicator
1 Land Speeder
Blood angel special dude
3 normal bikes
5 Terms (Unpainted)

All for.....wait for it......an old hi-fi with speakers and £35! O_____O
Granted alot of its painted blood angels colours, and the dred needs to be dropped in terps but I think thats quite a steal ^_^
I also got a few gaming templates, paints, the old firebase (All there!) and a fairly mint copy of the rule book! ^_^

I know I said I wouldn't buy anymore until I've painted all my other stuff, but this was too much a good thing to let go by! ^_^

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Wow dude, looks like you hit the jackpot! That's just about the ultimate bargain!! But don't buy anything else now you hear!! Well unless you get another offer like this anyway ^_^ .

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
Like most of the other guys I don't field anything that isn't painted.

I also love painting which is the other reason...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Damn Toast, thats one hell of a deal, kudos for the mini's. :D

And on to the topic of painting, I rarely have time, thats why I have had to learn the art of speed painting. I used to lavish every single detail on every single model, until I realized that there's no need for it, so I learned that a decent paint job on a squad is just as good as an awesome paint job on one character.
I dont pick up my paintbrush too often, but when I do, i usually get 2-3 mini's painted, so it kind of makes up for it. My advice to get motivated for painting, is to put on some good music, sit your ass down, and PAINT THOSE MINIS SOLDIER! :p Just think of how awesome they will look when they're all done, and THE EoT CAMPAIGN IS IN A FRIGGIN MONTH, so paint 'em fast :)

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Once again, thanks for the help dudes!

Yup Im damn chuffed with the deal ^_^ Cheers Antioch!
I have the weekend off, so heres to painting! and lots of it!

Also I have just noticed I have spelt Ways wrong in the title! :blink: x__X

·
Registered
379 Posts
:lol: I noticed that you spelled that wrong too. But yeah, you have fun painting your toy soldiers, and post some pics when you're done! :p Cuz I wanna see everyone else's shtuff.
I wanna post some pics, but my stepdad gaffled the digital camera and I ain't gonna see it for a while... <_<

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow, great deal.

I agree with most of what was said, sometimes it's just a matter of sitting down and getting it done. I find taking breaks and working just an hour or two at a time helps. That way you won't get too bored, of painting the same scheme.

What I do when I'm working on the "boring" steps, is think of what I want for that marine, what will make him different from the rest. I usually add things, to give them there own look. For example, marks on shoulder pads for his kill count, or scratches on his armour, a slightly different highlight or color, a name tag. This serves two purpouses, the first is that it gives each of my minis a sligthly different look and two breaks the monotny of painting shoulder pads for an hour.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Originally posted by philipmatlary Posted on May 30 2003@ 20:14
i think masterbelial has a longer to do list...
LOL
Good memory eh? You are absolutly right... I got heaps of minis waiting to get finished, lots of scenery and a newly started scratch built thunderhawk project. And now I'm about to making my workload even bigger by buying mordheim and fantasy, oh and maybe battlefleet gothic.

It never stops.....

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Ok I tell you why I don't paint to much... quite francly... sometimes it is bloody boring!
But when I do paint I can't paint without some music in the background... usually any music at all... not macy gray or bjørk or six or s-club or any crap like that.

The reason I think it's boring is because I try to make as much detail as possible.. or rather I try to

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Always music, but it may sometimes distract. For instance you don't want to play a track that makes you headbang incontrollably whilst trying to paint some tiny details :) .

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.