Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
191 Posts
i made this list when i was bored, discuss!!!
oh yea its led by a bunch of strigoi vampires for random reasons. the fluff is the count wanted a taco and made a buncha wights and then somethin happened and they go forth to gather meat for their tacos. oh and the necros in there in case i need some random reinforcements for eating shooty things an stuff.

Question: whats the preferred setup for grave guard?

Charickters:
general - vampire count = 340
level 2 wizard
Infanate hatres
iron sinews
massive monstrosity

Vampire thrall = 130
infinate hatred
iron sinews

Vampire thrall = 130
infinate hatred
iron sinews

Necromancer = 100
level 2 wizard

The flank protector dudes:

8 ghouls

7 ghouls

The footsoldiers of killing blowedness:

15 grave guard = 213
Standard bearer
musician

15 grave guard = 213
Standard bearer
musician

15 grave guard = 213
Standard bearer
musician

15 grave guard = 213
Standard bearer
musician

The flankers and war machine hunters:

6 Black knights = 150
Barded

6 dire wolves

6 dire wolves

5 dire wolves

total = 1994

Please don't post costs of units without upgrades in future - GN

·
Now 17% more helpful
2,247 Posts
Hmm. The biggest problem with this army is its completely void of any units that can be strengthened, or replenished. As such, every casualty will hurt you, which is unusual for the VC.

I personally prefer a unit of 23 Grave Guard, with shields, full command and the banner of the barrows. This unit is lead by a wight lord with the sword of kings, heavy armour and an enchanted shield.

This unit always hits on 3+ and has a lot of killing blow, as well as a wight lord, which is likely to land a killing blow hit in a challange.

Perhaps you could have 1 large unit like this, and another unit of 12 with halberds and no command to use as a set of flankers. Then supplement this with zombies, or skellies.

ninja out

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.