10x Wild Riders 260pts
10x Wild Riders 260pts

Rare:
Treeman Stranglerots 245pts

Total: 2499

·
Registered
2 Posts
I really like everything in the Wood Elves army book; I like diversity in an army, which I'm glad to see you have chosen a variety of troops while maintaining a playable army.

You also have a really good list. That said, I'll make a couple of suggestions:

The Bow of Loren is not doing anything on your Waystalker; he can already shoot twice if he wants to, and you should note that having two shots that ignore armour for the price of the bow is not an effective use of your points. I suggest dumping it in favor of the Ruby Ring of Ruin - this gives him an additional attack to utilize for a little more points.

That additional points though means you have to dump some points elsewhere.
Like a lot of people, I prefer to use all the points available, so I would suggest losing 3 dryads and one scout, replacing them with a Bow on your Spellsinger, a Standard Bearer with Banner of Eternal Flame in your Glade Guard, and a Unit Champ in one of your Wild Rider groups (for lack of a better use of the remaining points).

Also, you have two groups of 10 Wild Riders; I love Wild Riders. But in the current formation you have them in, you're losing efficiency as the rear-rank cannot support at full effectiveness, and if they somehow get charged, you're looking at potentially losing more models than you'd care to. I recommend splitting them up into four groups of 5; that way you can maximize the amount of attacks and now you have four units that are completely devastating on the charge instead of just two. As well, if you place your troops well, you have the potential to have a front/flank charge on most of your opponents' units.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
This is why they should be monstrous beasts with t4 and 2 wounds 1 attack on mount and full attacks on the riders Damn you gw

1 - 3 of 3 Posts