Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been playing choas for about 3 years, i have 6500pts in mortal, beast, and Daemons, and over the years GW as updated alot of warhammer books (and 40k and LOTR) nearly all of the WF armies have been updated and I want to know when is it Chaos' turn? Daemons are getting a whole book but does that mean Mortal will be updated too? I hear Dark Elves are next (they and Dark Eldar desperatly need it) and Chaos at the end of the year. But what do you want to see changed for chaos? here is what i think

First magic items. They are some good ones but not very numerous and i usually choose the same ones. It seems that every sorcerer is equiped w/ the same items. There 5 arcane items and one is Tzeentch only, warrior familiar is stupid for 30pt. enchanted items are stupid, Rod of Corruption good abillity but nurgle only, 75pts, one use only, only but it on a lord level sorcerer. the higher costing weapons are power and have good ideas but don't really work, ex Daemon sword is only worth it if you are khorne (only one that doesn't get a worse stat), sword of change is scary but hard to make it worth it (kill a character, 4+ gain the spawn w/D3 wounds)

Magic: I think that undivided should get their own list. Fire and death are the two most common lores used by other races. (empire wizard models are geared for them and dragon mages have to use fire) Chaos is evil so why do they use good guy magic?

Lords and Heros are good but i would like to see a nurgle daemonic mount, also a Marauder hero. a marauder unit upgrade is called a chieftain but doesn't seem to fit the fluff. Maybe 50-60pts base?

Units are good but I would like to see more units with chaos armour. no matter the size of the army chosen are 0-1 (only way to get chaos armour). I think cultists should be considered to adding to the list too (in Gotrek & Felix novels they always fight cultists and used to be in old Choas SM codex) Also add chaos dwarfs and some of their war machines. It would make older player happy and they can make money of it. I suppose daemons will become like beast amries are now (allie type deal) so they will be taken out. the only rare unit is a spawn unless you use a BoC book but they are really exspensive for an already expensive army. Maybe add the Hellcannon

Marks should be tweaked slightly Khorne give you 2 abilities (Dispell dice and frenzy) make the points gap smaller if possible.

don't really care but gaulrach seems like a stupid character that few people use. also points value 696 is wierd. really was 695 too low or is it a misprint? Beasts have the same problem, Khazrak 292pts, Gorthor 463, Morghur 378 round to a 5 or 0

That is what i think but add your opinion!8Y

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
New mortals should be here end of this year ish i think. Beasts are good, they can stay for a while longer :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.