Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
LO's resident Yowie
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my current eldar army I was thinking about having an autarch on a jetbike. Then I saw macewind's exodite shining spears. So I was thinking using a dark elf cold one that I can slap some wings one and an autarch on (to count as on jetbike). Do you guys think this is a good idea and if so what wings should I use on him or should I make my own?

·
Blood Boy
3,643 Posts
I think that could work. The first thing to do would be to find a spot on the cold one's body that has enough space to accept the wing. I think you will need to pin the wing in place as wings always break off in conversions if they aren't pinned. You may want to try a metal cold one as the plastic ones may not support as much weight as is needed for the wings. I think there is a Sorceress on a cold one that hasn't too much armour on it to get in the way of you sticking on wings. You could try the Dark pegasus wings on it. They are sleek looking. There are also loads more bird-like wings to choose from. I know bird wings on a lizard may sound odd but it could be fun. The cold one is a dinosaur of sorts and some winged dinosaurs had feathers. Also some dinosaurs evolved into birds.

·
LO's resident Yowie
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I would have to use either the sorceress or dreadlord but the sorsceress has slightly less armour. I think I will just play it safe and use dark peggy wings. I'm just wondering if I should kitbash (sorta) an old vyper I boght off of ebay for shuricats and other bits (I bought two vypers and have painted one) or buy the autarch on jetbike.

Edit:
I checked the price for the autarch on jetbike and it's $50 and I won't do that.

·
Blood Boy
3,643 Posts
Oh, I forgot that Eldar jetbikes have shuriken catapults. I wonder where they would fit. They could go on the wings or on the sides of the Cold one. I would suggest you search out those that are most expendable and fit on the Cold one the best. I would of though that the Dire avengers box set would include some spare catapults.

·
LO's resident Yowie
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yeah!

The 11th commandnent:
Thou shalt not destroy vyper until thou has checked his bits box.

I'll probably fit them on the side of the CO's neck? I just did a little choppin to remove the grips and handles. I used most of my shuricats in a pile o gunz for my mate's ork army. I only had two left!

I'll try to buy a CO next weekend.

·
LO's resident Yowie
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Happy Australia Day

Damn double post. But that has never stopped me before!

Here are some pics of the rider. I've just used the front torso and head from the DA sprue and used GS to sculpt hair on top. I used the snap fit gaurdian back and legs but I will have to reposition them to fit the cold one. I used card from the box to make streamers on his back. The laser lance (I think that's what it's called but if not please correct me) is from the brettonian knights sprue with the gun part sculpted with GS. I swapped around the arm to one from the DAs. I will use the sheild arm from the DAs aswell. I also have a pic of one of the shuricats that will go on the cold one. I'm actualy realy excited about this all coming together.

Well here are the pics!
View attachment 2701
View attachment 2702
View attachment 2703
View attachment 2704
And a pic of a vyper whose brother almost got chopped up!
View attachment 2705
And happy Australia (invasion) day for everyone in oz:soldier:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts