Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings oh noble bloodsuckers ;),

Ok this might sound as a silly question, but I have looked for the answer elsewhere and couldnt find it. So here it goes:

Can a Vampire lord on Winged Nightmare join Units?

I know that in the rule book it states flying mounts cannot join units, and I feel that that is the best answer and the correct one, but a problem arised whilst playing a game with my friend a couple of days ago. (I do not play VC myslelf) He stated that since the Mount has 1 wound (and is not a monstrous mount) it can join units.

I would really like to see what you guys think about this.

Also while we are at it, What base should a winged nightmare be put on?

CHeers Guys.

·
The Dvl in Pale Moonlight
889 Posts
He cant, period. Flying mount = Cannot join any unit. US or amount of wounds does not matter.

25x50 cavalry base is what I put mine on, it is after all just a nightmare with wings.

Cheers

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He cant, period. Flying mount = Cannot join any unit. US or amount of wounds does not matter.

25x50 cavalry base is what I put mine on, it is after all just a nightmare with wings.

Cheers
Thx for the quick reply and also thx for clarifying the base size. I knew i was right.

Can i ask another question?

DOes the fact of not joining units make the hellsteed unplayable? I mean what would you prefer to run your general and other heroes on?

·
The Dvl in Pale Moonlight
889 Posts
Definitely not unplayable, though as you're unable to join units you would do best in having some defence against shooting attacks.

A build I like myself is a very combat oriented build;

Count on Hellsteed, level 2-3(depending on list)
- Red fury, Inf. hatred and Walking death.
- Sword of might, Nightshroud, Cursed book, Black Periapt, Wristbands of black gold.

Walking death is there instead of beguile because you that extra CR will become very handy, not only in combats where is alone but in combats he supports the rest of the army he will add in another point of CR as well as the kills he's bound to generate.
His combat defence is fairly weak but you should not engage him in combats where he isnt sure to destroy his opposition(you may perhaps the lance with flaming attacks for S7 and regen-canceling powers) but I like the permanent S6. Cursed book is reserved for when he does come up against opponents which are tough. Wristbands are a nice ward VS shooting attacks. Shroud is a nice addition as it will make him strike first and if you opponent try to ward him off with less units he will reduce them into a bloody pulp.

There are other builds I'm sure, but this is my personal favourite. Alternatively if I want more magic, I will have him as level 3 and with book of arkhan instead of the periapt and cursed book. I have to be abit more cautious but being able to have the Book of Arkhan where it does the most good is a blessing.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts