Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so im working on getting tyrants for my HQ choices. I've decided i definitely want to field a devilrant and a CC tyrant with 2 scything talons and the like. But what i am unsure of is which should i give wings to and which should i give a retinue of tryant guard to? WOuld it be better to have a winged devilrant that can move quickly to get within range and ultimately die relatively quickly, or to have a speedly flyrant that can melee tanks? Which variant should have the wings and which shoould have the survivablilty of a retinue?

·
Tyranid Warrior Fanatic
2,668 Posts
I like to have my CC one with wings and my shooty one with a ret. That way the cc one can get where it can deal the most damage fast and the shooty one should still be able to shoot most things (though it might miss a turn of shooting).

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
Honestly, I prefer a dakka flyrant and a dakka walkrant w/guards. But if you must take a cc-tyrant, give him wings. Speed is very important. He needs to be able to get into assault fast to avoid being shot down. If you walk him, it'll take about 3 turns before he can assault. That's 3 turns of heavy weapon fire your army has to take.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats kinda what i was thinking. I figured i'd give my devilrant a tyrant guard so A ) it'll have added survivability to continue shooting, and B ) if its assaulted all those extra attacks will make it a fairly formiable opponent in CC. It will at least make ppl think twice before they assualt it. And with the wings on a Scythed Tyrant i figure will help it reach around to the rear armour of vehicles. or at least thats what i'd hope it to be able to do. usually my problems is tanks so i figured another fast monstrous creature would be my answer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts