Destroyer Lord w\ Sempiternal Weave, Tachyon Arrow = 170

10 Warriors in Ghost Ark X6 = 1470

Doom Scythe = 175

Doom Scythe = 175

Total = 2000

·
Registered
509 Posts
Interesting list. I had never thought of something like that.
I'm afraid that the Destroyer Lord will be wasted. A single Tachyon Arrow is not a reliable killer and with no invu save, he can be easily shot to death 1st-2nd round, which means that he won't even make it into combat.
I'd take a Bargelord with Warscythe instead for more AV13 and reliable anti-tank killing, and a Pulse-Destruction Cryptek, dropping 5 Warriors to find the points. Both are an auto-add to almost every competitive list. Solar Pulses are game-changing, I mean that. Especially in your list, a Solar Pulse will save you LOTS of vehicles, including your fragile Doom Scythes.

·
Tabletop Terraformer
1,405 Posts
Yeah, I have to agree with Nightbringer, the Destroyer Lord on his own will achieve nothing, even with his 2+ save.
I went "Ooh!" when I first saw Tachyon Arrows. They look great on paper, but after taking them several times and having them miss most of the time (as is usual with expensive one-shot weapons!) I gave up on them. Don't bother, honestly, you'll be disappointed.
An Overlord on Command Barges is an excellent choice! Two is even better!

With only 6 Ark loads of Warriors, you're going to be woefully short of anti-vehicle ability once your Doom Scythes get shot down (which they will). Necron strengths lay in the tricks the Crypteks can provide, and in the excellent units in our Fast Attack and Heavy Support sections. I highly recommend adding in Wraiths, Scarabs+Spyders and Annihilation Barges.

Lastly, genuine question, why is this a 'Winning' list exactly?!...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback! I have decided to exchange the Destroyer Lord w\ an Overlord in a CCB and throw in a few crypteks w\ Solar Pulse. But in my experience with Ghost Arks they are actually very effective against vehicles as long as they get within rapid fire range.

And to answer the "winning" name.... it's because i have won with it before!

·
Tabletop Terraformer
1,405 Posts
And to answer the "winning" name.... it's because i have won with it before!
Fair enough, can't argue with that!

Do you really have six Ghost Arks and 60 Warriors?! Took me long enough to paint 20 Warriors! And I'd be interested to know what you proxy for the Doom Scythes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well actually i have never really played at a hobby place as i don't have a job yet. And with the ridiculous prices at GW i can't really afford everything. I just play with some friend's but when i can get some income.... hopefully soon i can have a full army. I have about 40 warriors, 2 ghost arks, overlord, 10 immortals, 3 old wraiths, and 5 destroyers. I just use flying bases to proxy Doom scythes. And everything i have is painted and it wasn't the best time of my life believe me!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts