Librarium Online Forums banner

Which army should I take to repel the Orcs and Goblins from Athel Loren?

• List one, with solid magic and a teleporting wardancer noble

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • List two, with uber alter and eagle

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Uhm, is there a third list?

Votes: 2 18.2%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wood elves thus far are defending Athel Loren valiantly; nonetheless, the greenskin horde presses deeper into the woods, threatening the Oak of Ages itself.

See the scenario here.

Having won the 1500 pt game, I'm a bit more heartened at my chances for this final bout.

This is my first version of a 2500 pt list for the final battle. He'll greatly outnumber me at this point, so I'll really need all kinds of cunning. This list seems low on troops, but I'd love to hear what you guys think.

LIST ONE
CHARACTERS
Spellweaver, general, lvl 4, scroll, wand of wych elm
Branchwraith, lvl 1, radiants mischiefs
Noble, BSB, oaken armour
Noble, wardancer, moonstone

CORE
Dryads x 8
Dryads x 8
GG x 12
GG x 12

SPECIAL
Wardancers x 8, fc
Wild Riders x 8, fc, banner of dwindling
Treekin x 3
Eternal Guard x 20, fc, war banner

RARE
Treeman

7 casting dice and two bound (mischief, treesinging), 6 rerollable dispel and one scroll
84 models

LIST TWO
CHARACTERS
Highborn, alter, gw, lt armor, shield, hunter's talon, pageant of shrikes, hail of doom arrow, helm of the hun [He'll do what alter's do, plus take out shamans which tend to hide in night goblin units--hope to dispense of fanatics through other means]

Noble, bsb, oaken armour
Spellsinger lvl 2, scroll x 2
branchwraith lvl 1, cluster of radiants, beffudlement of mischiefs

CORE
dryads x 8
dryads x 8
GG x 10
GG x 10
GG x 10

SPECIAL
EG x 17, fc, war banner
Treekin x 3
Wild Riders x 8, mus, sb
Wardancers x 10, mus

RARE
Treeman
Eagle

Casting: 5 (2 bound)
Dispel: 5 (2 scrolls)
89 models

Any and all suggestion are welcome. You've really helped me hone lists in the past. Thanks in advance.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
999 Posts
Hello, well here is your first reply.

if you put the BSB in the EG, then ouch....
They won't go anywere. Really good:yes:
For the rest it looks solid.
You can surprise your opponent pretty natsy with a wardancers unit in his rear. Really, love the idea already.
Furthermore it looks okay.
let me know what the resiult was idf i am not to late with replying.
What will your opponent be fielding, my best friend palys O&G (grimgor for most of the time) and maybe i can get some nice anti-orc tactics from him.

Good Hunting!

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We finished the campaign yesterday, Sunday. I used the second list. My opponent had the following.

Goblin Archers - Goblin Mob - Lead belchers - Giant - orcs - black orcs - orcs - wolf riders
----------------------------------------------------------chariot - savage boars - savage boars

What I missed in his deployment and what cost me the game was the unit of wolf riders. They were originally on his right, behind the archers. I thought they were placed there. Actually, he just placed them last on on his far left. Because of the terrain and scenario, not to mention where I thought his troops were, I left that flank largely undefended.

Once I noticed them, I moved my treeman over to defend the oak of ages, but by just half an inch, they were able to avoid him and touch the tree. After relieving themselves in wolf rider fashion on the tree, we declared him the winner of the campaign and decided to finish the game through six turns.

In the the five game series, it went like this: game 1 was a draw; games 2, 3, and 4 I won; game 5 he won but after we decided to continue the battle, my army punished him severely for pissing on our precious tree.

The alter noble killed two lead belchers and GG the third. My archers picked apart his general's savage boar unit. Dryads hit his other boar unit in the side almost overrunning into his lone general, which would have been brilliant. Wardancers took down the giant before overrunning into a black orc unit with the help of the dryads. They broke and were run down.

But my treeman, treekin, wild riders, and eternal guard never saw combat and I routed him. The mischiefs tangled up his goblins. One of his two shamans suffered a cranial explosion in the first round. I had some incredible dice rolling for shooting, wardancers, and dryads. But as usual my archers ran from the table, never to rally. Actually, one of the three units did rally but they had no viable targets by then.

Actually, the EG were charged by the general who had decided to go down in a blaze of orcish glory. He challenged my bsb, rolled for three wounds, and was dismayed when I read him the rules on regeneration from the 2004 annual. I rolled two dice to regenerate, and healed both wounds. His general fled and he conceded.

The alter didn't too great as a chariot remedy. He and the eagle charged it but with all those attacks I just got one wound. But at least the chariot wasn't slamming into my EG.

Moving trees made a big difference. I established shooting lanes and kept a narrow channel for the riders and chariot to use. This kept his infantry tangled up, too, while my wild riders ran around their rear and flanks, baiting him with charges and forcing him to reface my wild riders, who would then only scamper off to another vantage point. The eagle march blocked. It all went beautifully, except for those *&$! wolf riders I didn't know were on my flank.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
999 Posts
DavidVC04 said:
We finished the campaign yesterday, Sunday. I used the second list. My opponent had the following.

Goblin Archers - Goblin Mob - Lead belchers - Giant - orcs - black orcs - orcs - wolf riders
----------------------------------------------------------chariot - savage boars - savage boars

What I missed in his deployment and what cost me the game was the unit of wolf riders. They were originally on his right, behind the archers. I thought they were placed there. Actually, he just placed them last on on his far left. Because of the terrain and scenario, not to mention where I thought his troops were, I left that flank largely undefended.

Once I noticed them, I moved my treeman over to defend the oak of ages, but by just half an inch, they were able to avoid him and touch the tree. After relieving themselves in wolf rider fashion on the tree, we declared him the winner of the campaign and decided to finish the game through six turns.

In the the five game series, it went like this: game 1 was a draw; games 2, 3, and 4 I won; game 5 he won but after we decided to continue the battle, my army punished him severely for pissing on our precious tree.

The alter noble killed two lead belchers and GG the third. My archers picked apart his general's savage boar unit. Dryads hit his other boar unit in the side almost overrunning into his lone general, which would have been brilliant. Wardancers took down the giant before overrunning into a black orc unit with the help of the dryads. They broke and were run down.

But my treeman, treekin, wild riders, and eternal guard never saw combat and I routed him. The mischiefs tangled up his goblins. One of his two shamans suffered a cranial explosion in the first round. I had some incredible dice rolling for shooting, wardancers, and dryads. But as usual my archers ran from the table, never to rally. Actually, one of the three units did rally but they had no viable targets by then.

Actually, the EG were charged by the general who had decided to go down in a blaze of orcish glory. He challenged my bsb, rolled for three wounds, and was dismayed when I read him the rules on regeneration from the 2004 annual. I rolled two dice to regenerate, and healed both wounds. His general fled and he conceded.

The alter didn't too great as a chariot remedy. He and the eagle charged it but with all those attacks I just got one wound. But at least the chariot wasn't slamming into my EG.

Moving trees made a big difference. I established shooting lanes and kept a narrow channel for the riders and chariot to use. This kept his infantry tangled up, too, while my wild riders ran around their rear and flanks, baiting him with charges and forcing him to reface my wild riders, who would then only scamper off to another vantage point. The eagle march blocked. It all went beautifully, except for those *&$! wolf riders I didn't know were on my flank.
Sounds like a raelly cool game, sorry that the repley was to late.
One question: How can you not see a unit of cavalery?
(sorry just wondering)
And he.... who won the campaing actually?

Good Hunting!

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He won because he touched my tree. Sounds kind of kinky doesn't it? Anyhow, I didn't notice them because I thought they were placed. I did notice them once he started his first turn. I placed my treeman to deal with them, but he was able to just skim past him and barely touch the tree. It really sucked after I'd do so well in the whole campaign and as I went on to decimate his army in this game. But oh well, that's the way it goes sometimes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.