Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi at my local games workshop they are doing a compotition called winter wars I was wondering is they nationwide or is this just my games workshop?:|

·
Always Fabulous
1,742 Posts
I'm doing okay but I did help to put a few guys in the lead (they probably would be there even if they didn't play against me) due to Necron Phase Out (1000 VPs - WTF?!)

Things could be better.

Who is going to the finals?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I was told but other members not to bother entering, cause by the time i got there, he said there was a bunch of guys that go in every day and just play play play so he got the most amount of points possible or something....so he said theres no chance really.

·
Always Fabulous
1,742 Posts
Well, I'm one of those people who doesn't care so much about winning as about playing games so I can get experience and stuff, so the fame and glory would be nice but it doesn't matter to me. Of course, if you're not a noob player like me, then it's probably not worth it.

·
Always Fabulous
1,742 Posts
Actually, Winter War is a UK event. Basically, it's a massive tournament where players compete in every GW in one of their three main games. VPs are basically What You Kill - What You Have Left Standing and you must play at least 3 games to qualify. 1000pts for 40K, 1500 for Fantasy and 1000 for LOTR. Standard set-up-and-fight scenarios for each. Currently, I'm fielding Necrons and have written a couple of battle reports (which keep getting deleted...I don't know what's the policy on that) in which they get pwned by Tyranids and CSM in rapid succession. Yeah, I suck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts