Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some ideas to make my Black Templars even better. There WIP, arms not attached, very few detail at all.

Here's a few Neos and some Assulters. Pic came out crappy but hey, what can you do?

Rocket launcher dude not part of this squad. Just in it for the pic.

I've no idea why the top of the jump pack looks gold, it's painted black!

]

Thoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Its not a very good armie!!! Get it army... Im sorry:p nice work. With the scouts did you use flash? It just seems a little bit more brighter than the other pics.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
spongebob said:
Its not a very good armie!!! Get it army... Im sorry:p nice work. With the scouts did you use flash? It just seems a little bit more brighter than the other pics.

Never said it was all my Black Templars, it's just the ones I'm working on right now.
The flash went off for all pics, I can't find my tripod and was too tired to go looking for it last night.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I don't think he meant the models were bad... it was a joke about their lack of arms.

I believe I know why they are absent... so competative, they are off having an arms race :)

Anyway the models look good... keep it up, lets see more...:yes:

·
Registered
279 Posts
The only thing that I don't like is the rockets on the missile launcher guy's leg. They are so colorfull. The model is nicely done and then the colorfull rockets! Change that plz. ;)

The neophytes may have a thick highlight. It could be thinner. I know I highlight my templars thick but that is to thick for me I guess. :(

I like everything else. Good job. *thumps up*

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Doh! :blush: Missed the joke!

Anyway. I've got lots of work to do on them. The highlights do look a bit thick but I'm new at this so it's the best I could do. Plus it I had been painting for about 5 hours when I finally got to them.

The color on the tips of the rockets do look a rather bright in the pic, but they're not that bright under normal light. I was going for a varity of missiles look. Perhaps when I drybrush and magicwash they'll dull down.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

·
Registered
788 Posts
I actually liked the rockets. IMO they add a bit of colour to the army, otherwise the black and white can be a bit overwhelming on its own. But then you have that really cool looking shoulder pad to add colour. Anyway, its your army so at the end of the day, take opinions with a pinch of salt... 'tis what makes you happy that counts :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts