Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Thread Killer!
2,642 Posts
Very smooth highlights. Very nice.

I really like the look of the base as well.

Great job! If anything the freehand on the helmet could clean up a touch.. Perhaps another layer...

Cheers,

-Mike

·
A bit of alright.
675 Posts
The thing on the face could look smoother, as it is it doesn't look flat. also the crest blends in with the robes rather a lot. Other than that I can't see anything wrong with it at all, a very nice job.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the great comments guys.

I've started work on the arms now and will post an update soon.

The arms I'm doing for him are standard left arm with DA shoulder pad from the veterans box. The right arm is the one carrying a bolter and has two daggers tied to it. Plus the studded shoulder pad

Thanks again

NatG

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
Great looking veteran... I like the green highlighting. 8Y

·
Registered
419 Posts
The thing on the face could look smoother, as it is it doesn't look flat. also the crest blends in with the robes rather a lot. Other than that I can't see anything wrong with it at all, a very nice job.
I'm not completly sure, but I belive the face ain't flat. On the new DA sprue there is a mk6 helmet with a winged sword over the "beak".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great start, as you've rightly said the icon on the front of the helmet still needs to be finished, robes are spot on i think the belt could be defined a bit better, but that's probably a personal preference thing.

Makes me want to start my Dark Angels:D

Looking forward to seeing him finished.

James

·
Art Culinaire
1,699 Posts
Deffinitly good effort. Maybe touch up the face and I'm guessing the things below the eyes are
wings, Might want to put more deffinition in them? Overall deffinitly good. I would also mention a touch
more smoother blending. The green is great tho.

hope this advice helps.
--BLADE.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.