Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a thread for this a while ago, and I have kind of neglected to update it, so here we go.
My project is not a Deathwatch Kill team but instead a Deathwatch Strike Force.
Im making a whole army of Deathwatch,
ATM im just using Codes: Space Marines but I intend on carrying this on across to Blood Angels, Space Wolves, etc

The Basic Fluff behind the army is that Pedro Kantor detected an Ork fleet heading toward Rynns world again,
His sense of honour would not allow him to let the vile Orks defile his home world anymore than they already had but
he knew the under powered Crimson Fists would not be enought to quell the Grfeen Tide so Kantor send out an urgent
Communication requesting any aid available to help defeat the Orks.

The Only reply Kantor recieved was from an unknown source, the message simply read
"Be Still Brother, The Emperor is Watching Over you, Suffer not the Alien to live,
We Are Coming!"
Shortly afterwards Kantor made His first Contact with the Deathwatch, who had managed to recruit
a large number of Space marines from the Imperial Fists, Black Templars and Ultramarines for this mission,
In addition to this the Deathwatch opon arrival inducted the present Crimson Fists into the deathwatch, this
Included Kantor himself.
Although no longer part of the Deathwatch, Kantor has been known to when the threat is grave enough lead
Deathwatch strike forces throughout the galaxy.

Here is a link to my Flickr pool and In the next couple of days I will try to upload my latest work.
I have now finished 5 of my Terminators and have started on the next 5.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/death_watch/

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Right last night I finished building the rest of my terminators, and also finally got round to putting up pictures of all I have done so far on flickr, but
Here is a taste of some of them.
Sorry for the bad pictures, I had to take them in a rush, I should be getting better one up soon

Wood Gas Art Sculpture Personal protective equipment Toy Wood Art Metal Sculpture Toy Wood Sculpture Artifact Personal protective equipment Wood Metal Military robot Machine Art

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
I think I remember you mentioning plans do work on this army - and what I can see thus far has certainly piqued my interest. Those are some top-notch terminators!
Hope the rest of the project goes well :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right I need some help here, I have this idea that when my army is finihsed people can instantly tell its a Space marine army (Thats easy because it is) but I also want them to go WOW look at how different it is and not know what model to start looking at and Im planning on doing this with loads of conversions,
I've got soo many planned!!
Terminators - all Thunderhammers are converted
Scouts - Im using normal Imperial Guardsmen with converted sniper rifles
Sternguard - Im using standard marines and converting them all up

Predator Annihilator - Instead of any normal lascannons Im using Tau RailGuns, Railgun from hammerhead for the turret, and Railguns from broadside for the sponsons.

AND FINALLY

I need your help for my drop pods,
I dont just want drop pods that would be too boring :p
SO I was reading and Fluff wise the Deathwatch sometimes use Terminite Tanks as transports

My plan is to use normal drop pods and cut off the top fins and replace them with some sort of drill,
But i have no idea where to start so Does anyone have any ideas?!?!

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
I'm not sure what happens if you do an image search for mole marines... The results could be terrible but I believe I stumbled across something like this on 1d4Chan at some stage. Somehow they name 'Mole Marines' came up and before you know it people were photoshopping drills on tanks and then others were actually converting tanks with drills on them...

Other things to look for could be the Hellbore (An epic scale miniature so possibly not too useful) or the Hades Breaching Drill (a Forgeworld kit, not sure if it ever saw production or if it was just at one of their displays)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure what happens if you do an image search for mole marines... The results could be terrible but I believe I stumbled across something like this on 1d4Chan at some stage. Somehow they name 'Mole Marines' came up and before you know it people were photoshopping drills on tanks and then others were actually converting tanks with drills on them...

Other things to look for could be the Hellbore (An epic scale miniature so possibly not too useful) or the Hades Breaching Drill (a Forgeworld kit, not sure if it ever saw production or if it was just at one of their displays)
What ever you do do not search mole marines lol, videos of army marines removing moles is not a pleasant sight.
I have had alook at some conversions people have done of the hellbore using a baneblade, so its got me thinking of making a smaller version using the imperial guardmanticore set.
But the main aim and difficulty im having is getting a suitable DRILL part to put on the top of a drop pod, the only thing I have seen that is half decent is a step drill bit but to get one large enough it is around £30

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
Only thing I can suggest is scavenging one off another toy of some sort...

Now that my internet is working again I won't cop out and just tell you to go looking, I'll do some legwork myself!

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann USB drill? > USB Core Drill Drive | Craziest Gadgets

Lego Drills?
From the "Rock Raiders" range (pic towards the bottom of the page) - Teacher by Day, Wargamer by Night: Gorken Morkann: "and I'll form the head!"
From the "Power Miners" range - http://cdn.toyark.com/news/attach/2/3/1/8/Drill8690BoxFront_1228182015.jpg

Maybe you can get one of those then make a mould and cast your own?

That's about all I've got at the moment, though...

·
3,395 Posts
But the main aim and difficulty im having is getting a suitable DRILL part to put on the top of a drop pod, the only thing I have seen that is half decent is a step drill bit but to get one large enough it is around £30
The termite in the image below was converted from a battlefleet gothic Kroot warsphere (which has enough parts for two drills, though the cone at the tip appears to be from another source - not cheap, but it is large).

Toy Gas Wood Ammunition Bullet

1 - 12 of 12 Posts