Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title says it all really, this guy is my first attempt at sculpting a whole mini myself. Obviously the shield bearers are GW minis, and the shield is obviously a flying base, but other than that the model is entirely sprue, wire, and greenstuff. He still has a long way to go, but I wanted to get everyone's feedback on how he's looking at the moment.

Comments and critique are always appreciated.

Now the pics:

Linky
Link

Hopefully the blur on the second picture isn't too bad. I will try and get a picture of him face on so you can see the details a bit more, but as for now these will have to do. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
He looks amazing. What a sculpting job!

You clearly know better than I what you're doing so all I can say is excellent work.

·
kut maar krachtig
1,323 Posts
Well never played fantasy but do play 40K and love th way in which you used the flying base as a carying shield he kinda reminds me of the chief from asterix and Obelix (comic book) Looks really good keep up the work and very curious to see how the hands and the final paintjob will look.

link: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/db/Abraracouricix.png

·
Registered
29 Posts
*clunk* (just fainted in awe)
*wakes up to post reply*

Wow. Just wow.
It will take me years before I can match this. I just don't have the patience, which is a small problem.
Anyway, keep up the good work.

*returns to being unconscious*

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
Your first sculpt ever and it looks so nice... Well done!

Can I ask something? The axe handle is metal rod or brass? (I think it is metal) :)

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@ Tsele - it's a straightened paper clip. :D

Thanks guys, people on other forums are saying that his feet look too long. They are one of the areas that need the most work on him atm, so before I go into any great detail on him, I'd like to get your opinions on the matter. Do his feet look too long? I am starting to think so, because as they are now they are just shy of the length of the feet on the chaos warrior models.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I wouldn't say his feet are too long, rather, his legs are in an awkward positiion that looks out of proportion to his height.

If you moved his legs in closer together it would look fine with the current foot size, and I think that is the best course of action, as simply trimming the feet would continue to look sort of awkward.

·
Registered
443 Posts
It looks very good. The only thing I would say to work on is that beard of his. He is suppose to be a king right? Give him a full beard A FULL BEARD A FULL STINKING BEARD!!!! not that little noodle beard he has atm. lol

But other than that everything is fine. Are you gonna detail the flying base he is standing on?

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
@ Tsele - it's a straightened paper clip. :D

Thanks guys, people on other forums are saying that his feet look too long. They are one of the areas that need the most work on him atm, so before I go into any great detail on him, I'd like to get your opinions on the matter. Do his feet look too long? I am starting to think so, because as they are now they are just shy of the length of the feet on the chaos warrior models.

Couldn't thought that... thanks! +rep for the tip!

Here's the better pictures as promised, sans hammer and shield bearers:

Dwarf Lord 1 by ~turelhimvampire on deviantART
Dwarf Lord 2 by ~turelhimvampire on deviantART
I see a beard and a very good position... I like what I see! ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.