Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
LO's resident Yowie
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WIP Eldar of Paxtus II *and other yummy goodies

OK...
So I recently started my eldar army that I have dubbed Eldar of Paxtus II Who are Eldar stranded on a planet after the fall. The full fluff is here. So here are the little suckers.

I have painted more of my Dire Avengers but I decided that you guys would get the picture with this.

The soulstones I have painted yellow which proved a challenge but I am happy with the results. The exarch is next with a converted double blade note that he is only basecoated at the moment.

Next is the harliquen troupe leader which I got off of eBay for like $2

I've put a little serpent/dragon from the head of a bratonnian knight onto the base because I kinda want a dragon element in my army like macewinds exordites. I wont take it as far as he did (although I want to) but I'll just use them for decoration (or mabey a mount). I have modeled a spade (cards) on his chest and made chainmail where the guy who sold me the model did some dodgey glueing.

And now the farseer. I did the same thing with the dragon on the base. I swapped the head for a bare one from the DA and have a couple more ornaments like the heart in the cage from the brettonians sprue. It is prretty easy to see where I have converted him because they are not undercoated.

So I hope you guys like them:soldier:

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
I'm liking the amber gem. I'm trying to do something similar with my marines' eye lenses. How did you do yours?

·
LO's resident Yowie
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok...
The gem is undercoated black. I paint the lower left hand side yellow (half of the gem). Then I mix the yellow with a tiny bit of chos black (you will have to experiment with this as you want to see a noticeable change but not too dramatic) and paint 3/4 of the gem leaving a yellow cresent-moon shape at the bottom left. Then add a tiny bit more black and paint a little less of the gem each time. Once the colour is quite dark, dot a (I've done two dots before but I dont think that will work with eyes) white spot in the top- right corner.

You can use the same technique with eyes but I'm pretty sure that there is a tutorial on the games workshop australia sight with the space marines.

Hope it helped:soldier:

·
LO's resident Yowie
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok...
So I've started to paint my farseer and all is going well. not enough to post pics but I'll probly post when he's done.

·
LO's resident Yowie
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Goliath!

I am currently on holidays and I don't have my minis with me. I am lucky that I found a computer! But I'll have updated in the New Year.

·
LO's resident Yowie
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Happy New Year!
:dance::beer:

So I've done some painting and have done most of the farseer.
PICS

Still some more needed to be done like the gems and runes and some other things but I'm happy on how he's going so far. I'm realy happy with the dragon and how he came out. I will try to finish him today.

I'm bidding on a jetbike on ebay that's coming with a bunch of spare parts so there might be a neat little jetbike conversion on the way.

Keep on keepin on:soldier:

·
LO's resident Yowie
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So this morning I had an Idea for the jetbike. I won't use the cover that goes over the front of the bike and I will have the rider leaning forward. I'll also have the shuriken catapults on the side instead of below. I will also use the front fins of the heavy support platform (the big one) on the sides to act as kinda anti grav generators. Here is a quick concept sketch I did this morning.

I am sorry for the terrible drawing skills (especially the rider lol)but you can kinda see the picture if anyone has done something like this before please could you give me some pointers

I haven't completed the farseer but I will try to get on it.

see ya:soldier:

·
LO's resident Yowie
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok...

I finished the farseer last night and I am waiting to win the jetbike. There are so many gems on that farseer, but I think they add a good toutch. So withought further ado here is my farseer:

Hope you guys like him but c&c is welcome:soldier:

·
LO's resident Yowie
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow! Thanks for resurecting this thread.:dance: But usualy I would say "For the good of all that is holy NO NECRO POST!!!" But ths isnt the case because I didn't want to tripple post here. Because of my school, home and the tiny sliver of life that I have, It seems I'm very slow at getting things done now a'days. I've got the first squad of DAs done, slightly repainted the farseer and have been working on two projects.

1. The vper. I got it off ebay a whole ago with his brother. His brother wasn't so lucky. His wings broke off and he's just been sitting there for a while now weeping wondering whether or not he'll be turned into scraps. As it is on ebay, the item isn't in great condition, the windsheild had paint on it and the swivel turret thing was glued down. I glued the little guy on a rock so it looked like it was turning. It was unstable so I put a gaunt underneath to balance it.

2. The Autarch. He has been a nice proect. Guess what... HE'S RIDING A FRIGGIN DRAGON!!!!! I still need the dragon (cold one) though. BUT I'M GETTING HIM TODAY!!!!!! So the little sissy elf riding a dragon that has come to rip out your innards will make a nice centerepiece. I'm not sure whether to make the other cold ones. Shining Spears or Guardian jetbikes. I do need another troop but the autarch needs a loyal band of followers that can actualy put up a fight. Ideas?

And can I point out the Exarch's flag. The funny looking character at the top means "Light!"

Well withought further ado... PICS!

So... yeah
Hope you like:soldier:

·
Registered
201 Posts
The poor gaunt's getting squished by a Vyper!

Great work, I like how you painted the DA exarch's banner. Keep it up.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I know how you mean concerning the lack of time availiable to model and paint, being in my first year of uni that takes up loads of my time, more than id like at times lol, im gradually working through a massive stack of models myself and have told myself "no more modles until all the ones i have a re finnished" but everyone knows that will fail.

Awesome work though, these figures are superb, ike what you did with the viper, wish i still collected eldar but alas with no jetbikes tricks like that cant be tried.

Keep it up have some rep.

·
LO's resident Yowie
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay...

Pics of the autarch's coldone with a few extra pouches/knives etc.
I took off the hooks cus they look a bit too evil:devil:

BTW the autarch dont have a head yet!

·
LO's resident Yowie
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yay I can see LO and actually post!
In the time in which I have not been able to access the good ol' Librarium I have finished building both the autarch and started painting him. I'm actually quite happy with his face and is definately the one of the best I've done. I have also built the other CO rider's bodies but still not sure what I'm gong to count them as. I'm leaning twards GJs instead of SSs :laugh:

PICS: NOTE he is still very WIP...

And no wings on the cold ones. It obscures (I think thats the word) the model too much.

:soldier:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Dude, nice paint scheme. I like it, alot. :) keep on going. I especialy like the Farseer. he looks beast! ^^

1 - 20 of 89 Posts