Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my first attempt at NMM Gold and Silver. I tried the silver on the axe, but it looks rubbish IMO. I'm quite happy with the way the gold has turned out so far but wanted some feedback from you guys. It is also the first model I've painted in about 2 years.

Stage 1:

Stage 2:

Stage 3:

As you can see, it's still not finished yet but I'll get around to it once we move house (this saturday). So what do you guys think?

·
Registered
142 Posts
looks awesome, a lot better than i could ever do... 8.8 of 10 points

·
A bit of alright.
675 Posts
Particularly in the first picture, I actually prefer the look of the silver to the gold. I think the hilights on the edges of the gold take a lot off of the look of the metal as is.

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
Achieving NMM is hard to do... and yes I agree silver is most difficult to manage... I like the way the Berzerker turned out though... ;)

·
2,244 Posts
I am very impressed as well, I have also been trying to learn NMM as well. My first attempts were nowhere near as polished as this. and a progression of my improvement can be found somewhere on this forum.

The curves and small flat surfaces are really good, the axe isn't quite right I don't think. It is very difficult to get a large flat surface to look like it is metallic, I think that is because we tend to over highlight it or something, forgetting that the light probably hits the surface reasonably evenly so would almost get a flat colour, which also looks very wrong.

Anyway the blending/ layering is smooth and overall effect is awesome, by the end of the army you will have the effect down so good you could do it in your sleep.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the input guys. I know the axe looks rubbish. I think I over highlighted it as you said Allonairre. Unfortunately I can't paint him anymore until saturday, which is literally killing me. I can't stand to leave him unfinished. I'll hopefully post more pics up on saturday or sunday.

For the axe, I think I'm gonna paint on a median colour between the highlight and the the darkest colour, so then I can leave most of it at the normal colour, then paint the highlights rather sparingly compared to how I did it last time where I kept layering it until I reached the highlight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.