Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Astroth said:
so here is my wave serpent ;D BTW it is hell to paint red gore on black undercoat
Trying going over the black first with Scab Red, then when that dries, go over it with Red Gore. It may be a little darker than just plain Red Gore, but it gives a relatively even coat, for me at least. I use it on my Necrons.

The paint scheme looks nice, though. Looking forward to the finished product.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Try blood red friend, in order to get rid of streaking, and make the brightness of fair quality you need a minimal of 5-7 layers. Must be three or four for red gore right?

Imperial bits, tau bits, and eldar bits huh...8) The colour on the waveserpeant looks very good. Like spongebob said, post finished pics.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Really nice, but who did you paint the cracks with white so well? Did you use a paint pen and if you did where can you buy paint pens?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the possitive feedback!

well you should see my work space down at the local club..

i use blood red for my hammerhead/devilfishes noses ^^ so yes i know its hell.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well in the same manner but with the turret finished and those little glass cones attached on the c o c k pits.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well yes i did him like in that whit dwarf article you cant really see it from tis picture but i have applied 4 differnt greens onhim to make it look like glow :D

·
Fury of the Ages
753 Posts
An idea for the glowing ****pit - maybe apply a bit more black in some of the recesses and maybe a further highlight of a lighter green would be okay?
From what I can see in the first pic it looks like the whole ****pit is green and if you had a bit of differentiation on high spots it would make it stand out as glowing...
I know you've already done it now but its an idea.
The rest looks real good, well done! Looking forward to seeing it done :yes:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Two suggestions for making that red a little easier:

1 - Find a can of spray paint that closely matches the Red Gore. A little darker, or a little lighter - you should be able to find a spray at the hardware store that is pretty darn close. Spray the hull with that, and then you can still hand paint a layer of Red Gore over it if you like - but this time it should only take one coat!

2 - Failing that, the Vallejo MODEL Colour line of paints have a very dense pigmentation - Burnt Cadmium Red will cover black in a single coat, and makes a great base for Red Gore. Model colour, not Game colour. Big difference. But for colors like Yellow and Red that traditionally have weak pigments and are a total pain to get coverage with - try out VMC. Fantastic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts