Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checked the thread regarding the Imperial Armour 8 preview; it gives you a look at the table of contents and under the Forces of the Imperium section, there are two entries that really got my attention. The first is the Chorus of Faith and the Second is the Convocation of Wrath. My guess is that the first would by for Sisters and the Second for Inquisitors. Any thoughts?

·
3,395 Posts
The first is the Chorus of Faith and the Second is the Convocation of Wrath. My guess is that the first would by for Sisters and the Second for Inquisitors. Any thoughts?
The preview image on the Chorus of Faith is blurry as hell, but the exorcists appear to get the option of firing 2d6 missiles each provided the formation shoots at the same target.

Exorcists are already the bane of my local eldar player, that formation will really put a crimp in his plans to run big fire prism formations and that new revenant he bought.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man, this made my day. Since the release of apocalypse, I've been waiting for GW to release a WH formation- even just one. I know I can make my own- I have actually- but it's not the same. This is definitely a step in the right direction.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
It's about time really. Even the dark eldar have stuff in the Apoc book. I swear I think GW just forgets about us.

·
No King Rules Forever
284 Posts
Well, at one point they did in fact release an extra datasheet online for a group of assassins from the same temple to fight together. It probably got lost in the restructuring of the GW website.

·
3,395 Posts
Well, at one point they did in fact release an extra datasheet online for a group of assassins from the same temple to fight together.
I got to use that one quite recently. 6 Eversor assassins working in teams of 2.

Team 1 got beaten up by a squad of thousand sons in close combat.
Team 2 got beaten up by a daemon who possessed one of them.
Finally one of team 3 died without swinging trying to assault into a ruin, but the CSM inside broke and ran off leaving the final assassin standing around for the rest of the game.

Fortunately that was his objective, and everyone forgot about him until the last turn when he won the game for the imperium :p Go team useless :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think you can still find that one on the GW website; I just never used it because it wasn't a Sisters unit. The other bone they threw us was the Holy War stategic asset from Reload. It isn't a formation, but it is specific to the Sisters.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA...et_-_Officio_Assassinorum_Execution_Force.pdf

It's under Imperial Guard for some reason.

If I had 6 callidus assassins, I'd try this out xD.

Actually... If you did this with each temple that would be terrifying.

I can't wait to see the new sheets though. The only other one for the Inquisition is the Grey Knights and it's just terrible. If there are no chaos units on the field your opponent get's control of the Knights.

·
3,395 Posts
The preview image on the Chorus of Faith is blurry as hell...
A bit more info leaking out. It seems as if the exorcist formation is a little tamer, 2d6 missiles each and then lose a round of shooting.

Convocation of wrath is rumoured to be a formation of Celestians and Sisters in immolators, rhinos, and repressors gaining +1 strength to flamer weapons (including the vehicle mounted stuff) and stubborn. Can't really go wrong with that one.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Too bad about the nerf on the chorus of faith; if the rumours are true about the convocation, it seems to be the stronger of the two. I might have to actually pony up and buy this book. With the currency exchange and shipping, it'l be crazy expensive, but damn two official WH datasheets. Considering how long I've waited for them, almost worth it. Especially since there are also new rules and missions.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Too bad about the nerf on the chorus of faith; if the rumours are true about the convocation, it seems to be the stronger of the two. I might have to actually pony up and buy this book. With the currency exchange and shipping, it'l be crazy expensive, but damn two official WH datasheets. Considering how long I've waited for them, almost worth it. Especially since there are also new rules and missions.
A hobby store has a copy of it and Chorus of Faith is really lackluster, but damn is whatever you use it on dead (once per game if all the Exos shoot at one target they get 2d6 missles). However, the Convocation is AMAZING. I don't remember 100% off hand cause I saw it last week and I'm horribly sleep deprived, but I know Stubborn was on thing everything got. It's basically an army wide thing with tons of bonuses and is indeed much stronger then the chorus.

·
3,395 Posts
Chorus of Faith is really lackluster, Convocation is AMAZING.
I've seen the book - chorus of faith is just the double shots and wait a round. You do also get holy icons and laud hailers all round but you are paying for them in the formation cost...

Convocation is +1 strength to flamer weapons, stubborn, and the ability to reroll all vehicle terrain tests (even dangerous tests while going flat out). You are compelled to take a heavy flamer for each squad in the formation

Other than mech sisters the rest of the inquisition gets nothing. GK are still stuck with the single worst formation ever to be written (for those unfamiliar - you can't put it on the board at all unless your opponent has a greater daemon, and if at any point there are no chaos models on the table you have to hand over your knights to the chaos player)

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Yea that's what convocation did. Simply amazing. I agree with the GK one... Just.. aweful.. Don't forget the Assassin's one, while it's not game breaking it's interesting.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It least I know GW (or at least Forgeworld) still loves us. I was beginning to feel forsaken. I'll still end up making a bunch of my own Witch Hunter formations, but at least of got something from the designers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts